maxalt problem!

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by martinculling, Mar 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. martinculling

martinculling Member

hi, have been using maxalt(rizatriptan) for a long time prescribed for migraine but use them for tension headaches now very reliant on them any idea how i can get off them? i think my g.p lets me have them so as not to rock the boat with all my other anxieties at the moment.
  2. abcd

abcd Active Member

I'm sorry that I don't have anything to suggest, but I wanted to respond because I took Maxalt and never knew anyone else that did. I was taking 12 to 16 a month. My primary doctor was prescribing them, the pharmacy was dispensing them and the insurance company was paying, but a Neurologist told me that no one should ever be taking so much of it.

I went off Maxalt because my headaches stopped after I was forced to stop taking birth control pills when I got a blood clot.

i hope you find an answer to your problem.

take care.
  3. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

ive never heard of rizatriptan personally so i cant comment on that aspect but im pretty sure if you doctor knows about it and its a problem, a program needs to be put in place where you can be weened off it somehow obviously taking into account of your other anxieties.

i hope that makes sense because im a little bit rather drunk right now!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.