May go back to being anorexic...

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Metallica*Melinda, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Metallica*Melinda

Metallica*Melinda Well-Known Member

I was anorexic for quite a few years and stopped about a year or so ago... I just started throwing up after meals, sometimes its intentional and sometimes not so much. I feel so fat because I've gained like 50 pounds from this new medication Im on and I really hate it. I think Im going to either go back to throwing up or back to not eating... I think throwing up would be way easier to hide...
    But at the same time I dont really want to because it got so out of hand last time... I dont know what to do, because I always feel fat...

2. Passion

Passion Well-Known Member

what medication is it?
    and i've been reading up, and Apple Cider Vinegar is really good for helping you lose weight, especially if it is a side-effect of a medication. you can read about it on www.earthclinic.com its a healthier alternative you may want to at least give a try before you go towards an unhealthy habit again.

3. crazy

crazy Well-Known Member

r u by any chance on zyprexa??? i was on it and gained a bunch of weight and it retriggered my ed and it took awhile for my dr to figure it out. if its possible can you talk to your talk to see about switching meds????

4. Metallica*Melinda

Metallica*Melinda Well-Known Member

yes i am on zyprexa... but it doesnt matter anymore, i've stopped eating...

5. Nessarose

Nessarose Well-Known Member

I gained 50 lbs on Zyprexa, too (well, 60 lbs if you include when I was underweight). I loathe that medicine.

Hun, you do need to eat. Please take care of yourself. Diet and exercise are the healthy ways to lose weight (but promise us you won't overdo them); please don't slip back into the e.d. I know that's easier said than done, and I know how it feels to go from being underweight to normal or slightly over-weight. I'm going to look into apple cider vinegar as Ash suggested to you; maybe that will work for you as well.

Please be safe. Don't let the e.d. overtake your life again. Is the issue self-control, body image, or both? (Please forgive my ignorance on these matters if possible.) You say you feel "fat"...but I doubt anyone else sees you that way. I'd guess they are saying how healthy and beautiful you are.

I can't begin to imagine what you're going through, but please get the support you need. Be open. It may seem painful at first, but it's very healthy to get it all out and have others to be there for you.

Feel better, babe. You'll be in my prayers. :hug:

6. Light_In_The_Dark

Light_In_The_Dark Well-Known Member

Health Is Most Important! Dont Be Anorexic Couse You Think You Arent Beautyful, You Dont Have To Adjust To Someone(s) Let Them Adjust To You! And Think About Your Mind, Couse Lot Of Guys Dont Really Care Are You Fat Or Not! You Dont Have To Do That To Adjust To These "demons"! Please, Dont Do It. Think About Your Health!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.