May lose my job

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Calamity, Aug 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calamity

Calamity Member

Well, I have to admit that I'm not quite honest with anybody, ANYBODY. I make lies all the time about my feelings because I don't like people knowing how I truly feel. Lately I know that what's been bothering me has been getting in the way of my work performance, and I've just lost all my motivation. I've become lazy and whenever I wake up late for work I don't even go. Yesterday I got a call from my manager that if I miss work one more day she's going to terminate me. I know it's my fault, and I should get my act together. There's no excuses when it comes to the workforce I suppose, but I really don't feel like working anymore, I don't even go to college or look into anything, all I do is waste my time on the computer playing online games to get my mind off of my current life. I should be doing something about this but it's hard for me to take that first step, honestly thinking about something and doing it are two different things, it's not something I can do anymore on my own. After losing someone special to me, it all just fell apart. And here I am suffering from it because I can't get over it, it's been a year now and I'm still feeling the same way as I used to. What should I be doing with my life right now? I wanted to get a degree in forensics but now I don't even want to go to school. I feel so lost in this world.

2. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

It sounds as though you have been through a traumatic experience. my heart goes out to you! You can over come this, as you say you must make the first step. Going on with your life is not forgetting the person you have lost. It is living the way you know they would want you to after they are gone. Don't forget, but do not throw away what life you could have. You will always have your memories, and understanding of this person. Use what you know about them to help you make a decision about what you feel is right. For instance: Would they want you to be this way? Or would they want you to be successful, and to remember them as you progress in life? I hope this helps. :hug: Blessings..

3. lachrymose27

lachrymose27 Well-Known Member

you should find some kind of motivation.. like going to work to just to pay off bills and entertainment consumption (online video gaming). else everything will just spiral out of control. If you really wanted a degree in forensics, then tell yourself to go to school and not the other way. people can't get better on negative thoughts, i know i can't

4. ema

ema Antiquities Friend

I don't know if you made it to work or not. But, if you can, you should contact the disabilities people and see if you can get help. They can help you so that you can get time to work on your depression and not lose your job. I've done it. You can get medical leave. Once you do that, they can't fire you for a certain amount of time and you don't necessarily have to go in. You will have to get a doc, though. But, I think you probably need one. Sounds like serious depression to me.

I've been where you are and I've not held down jobs because I just can't keep the work up. But, there is help out there. Don't give up.

The one thing I learned, though, is you have to have the job to pay the bills so that you can get the relief through the computer and docs...

Keep trying to take that first step. It's horribly hard, but it's worth it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.