Maybe I just don't belong here anymore.

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Songie, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Songie

Songie Well-Known Member

The title says it all. Maybe I just don't belong here on SF anymore.

When I first came here, it was because this was the only place where no one was fake. And where people didn't automatically assume that because I self harm I do it for attention. And now...I feel like that's all I see on here. 15 and 16 year olds crying about how their boyfriend left them and they wanna go off themselves because of it. Just to see how many messages they can get, how many new online friends will give them attention. And, quite frankly, it sickens me.

It disgusts me that the people here who actually have problems get ignored. Or end up leaving. I'm considering joining them. Which truly saddens me. It's just that this place isn't what it used to be. Most of the people seem like they're just grasping for whoever's attention they can get. I've seen addiction posts about people being addicted to non-addictive substances (which made me giggle a bit, mean i know), I've seen people tell me stories about their problems and then 10 minutes later be confused and tell it differently. It just seems like SF is now full of liars and attention seekers. And the people that are actually here because they hurt are just getting lost in the big sea of bullshit.

Leaving this site seems like the best option for me right now because of that. I feel like I can't help anyone here, because too many of them are lying to me and to everyone else. And it seems as though the mods don't care. You'd think that if they saw posts by the same person telling the story 3 different ways they'd make an effort to remove them or at least inquire about it. But, what do i know, maybe they have.

2. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

The mods can't read every post. There's a report this post symbol if you think there's a problem. If you want threads or posts by older people look for posters with Antiquities Friends under username.