Maybe I just don't belong here

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by duka, Mar 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duka

duka Well-Known Member

I seem to be wired differently than everyone I meet. I've always been unique, usually being called things like "weird." It's not like I try to be, either. I don't dress or try to act strangely compared to normal people, but there are many things about this world I seem to see and understand differently than everyone else. When I walk down the street I see people with normal thoughts and normal concerns. Concerns which I have never shared. Sometimes I experience the same thoughts and feelings as others, but if anyone in the room ever has a thought or feeling outside the norm, it's me. I feel detached from the rest of humanity, as if I were some kind of high-functioning mutant. I suppose I could flatter myself and say that makes me some kind of genius, but I know that would be wishful thinking. Geniuses tend to be a bit more successful in life than I've been so far. It probably just means I'm out-of-place in this world, and I find evidence to back up that notion everyday. Sometimes I wonder if there's really any reason for me to stay in this world. I don't seem capable of acquiring success here, including the rudimentary joys that people have experienced in their pasts and taken for granted. So, in light of all this, I'm thinking it might be best for everyone if I just left.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

We are all different we are all unique in our own ways. In time you will find your purpose your way of fitting in. It would be a very boring world if we were all the same right I hope you continue to post here so we get to know you better okay hugs to you

3. themadcatter

themadcatter Member

you deffinettly belong here, hey being different is good! people respect you for going against norms, trust me, im straightedge, everyone in my school used to think i was weird cause i didnt drink but in the long run they all respected me. if i can do it you can too!

4. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

please don't say this! maybe there is greater merit to the way you think than you realize. People who think differently can have ideas that most can't. What you think may prove to be very useful.

I think that we would all be better off if you stayed and found a way to be happy here!

I think that there are other people out there who think differently too, maybe there is a community of unique thinkers that you could find with whom you could better relate.

artists?

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.