Maybe i should stop eating all together

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by crystalclear, Jan 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crystalclear

crystalclear Well-Known Member

I've always been over weight and i can be an emotional eater. A few days ago i was commuting to my school, and there was this man who was insulting my weight, he was talking to his fellow drivers and his voice was really loud. I usually go with my mother to avoid these kinds of situation. I just pretended i didn't hear anything because i had earphones but i felt so humiliated. He doesn't even know me how could he judge me like that and its not like i dont pay for my rides. I do! I wonder how he would feel if i told him he's a lowly uneducated puv driver ...I didn't know if I should have flipped him off or something. Usually when these kinds of things happen i always stay quiet but im practically an adult now and i still cant stand up for my self. I felt so pathetic. So after i've been eating more than usual.. but then i have these urges/thoughts to just stop eating.. as in just water and no more..... i dont know what to do i cant just avoid the terminal i have to go to school everyday and i don't want to tell my mother she'll just pity me or nag me about my weight. I dont show it but it really hurts me... maybe i'll start tomorrow... thats right starting tomorrow ill stop eating
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun don't give these ignorant asses that power okay he will be payed back ten fold for hurting you i believe that. If you stop eating hun believe it or not you may gain weight because your body will store everything as it knows it is not being fed. You need to talk to a dietitian hun get on a plan that suits you okay that will help you eat healthy and not emotionallly Therapy hun is needed for that. Hugs
  3. crystalclear

Thank you for the advice, i feel a little bit better now, but sometimes what that man said keeps on repeating in my mind... i don't think i can do therapy though... i dont know maybe i'll just try and forget about it... im nervous , i have school tomorrow, what if i see him? well, i didnt actually see his face but, there were a lot of people that time... im afraid those who heard what he said would stare at me.
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hun i know how words can repeat in ones mind hurtful words and i know it is not easy to let those words go In holding onto them you give that ass the power hun don't let the words hurt anymore okay let them go. I have had to go on medication it helps to stop the words from staying Next time you hear him say the words look at straight on and say it takes a very ignorant person to hurt others especially when you don't know my circumstance and then walk away hun Don't let the ignorant people of this world make you feel smaller make you feel less hun They obviously have problems or they would not be attacking others You hold your head up high hun and don't let him win okay hugs
  5. crystalclear

Thank you so so much I really appreciate your kind words... I feel a whole lot better now... You're right, Im not the one who should feel embarrassed because Im not doing anything wrong.
  6. KatVonLee

KatVonLee Account Closed

:O Dont stop eating. Then you will be in the position i am in. Try to lessen what you eat more then anything. Replace food with some kind of low sugar drink like diet coke!
    I ate very little and now i am in "starvation mode" Where my body thinks its not getting enough food and i am slowing dying so its storying EVERYTHING as fat just in case. Urgh putting lots of weight on. You put weight on as your metabolism slows, then you put weight on as you up your calories to get out of it! It just makes the whole situation worse!

You would think you would lose weight by not eating but within 8 MONTHS of taking in 1000 Calories a day or less i went from 11 stone to 15 stone!! ( I wasnt eating much because of full time work) So the myths of not eating is wrong :)
  7. AlienBeing

AlienBeing Well-Known Member

I would have mimed pulling out a gun and shooting him and making the sound of it or given him a steely stare and imagined beating the crap out of him. I did that to a guy in high school onec and he actually went and told all his friends that I mentally beat him up and it hurt! He picked up my thoughts! Weird. He never bothered me again.

I've lost 50 pounds in the past and kept it off for 12 years. The best way I find is to eat 6 small meals a day and 1800 calories a day (I'm 5'10 mind you) and exercise as much as I can tolerate, slowly building tolerance. Then just be very, very patient. And never stop exercising at least an hour almost everyday or you will gain it back.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.