Maybe I'm not all there?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by corbins, Oct 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corbins

corbins Member

So my name's Corbin and I tried to commit suicide a few years ago. Ever since, I've been an on and off insomniac, have been having recurring nightmares about the incident for several months now, and have come close to repeating the attempt several times. A friend of mine recently introduced me to a very blunt freshman psychology major who he told about my incident. She introduced herself to me and asked if I was "the PTSD kid." It made me angry that she would imply something like that, but what if she's right? Am I just bothered by my own actions, or am I really that broken? Can PTSD even present so strongly after all this time since I tried to die?

I'm confused, worried, scared, and I don't know what to do. Some of my friends know about what I tried to do, but I never told my parents or anyone in my family. My roommates told me to talk about it whenever I want but I don't want to talk about it as much as I would like to for fear of them getting sick of me whining, and I can't even really think of what I would say to start that kind of conversation :\

Any advice or reason would be greatly appreciated.
  2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Make an appointment and talk to a therapist and let them help you decide what the issue is and a possible resolution for it if it is interfering with your sleep and causing distress or further suicidal thoughts would be my advice.
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi corbins I like what NYJmpMaster has said hun.

i also think too hun talking to a professional will help you understand what it is that is causing you so much distress
    Talk to a councillor at your school see a professional and talk to them someone that will not judge you or get pissed off at you or tire of you

They will truly LISTEN to you and guide you to a better place of healing.
    You deserve that help hun so reach out and get it ok
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.