Maybe I'm the evil?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Greenforest, May 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greenforest

Greenforest Well-Known Member

Why people don't like me? Is it because of them or is it because of me?

Maybe afterall they're the good people?
    They are normal. They are perfect human beings.
    Maybe all the people they despise and laugh at are the real evil?

They are succesfull, mentally and physically healthy people.
    I'm disgusting creep.

I see them as bad people because they make others suffer, but maybe it's God himself despising people through them? Maybe God loves them and hates me?

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

And maybe hun, your view of yourself is being portrayed to other people:unsure:
    we all have a kind of inner sense that picks up on each others strengths and weaknesses, maybe thru their body language or facial expressions..the tone of their voice etc.
    If you feel uncomfortable and out of step they will pick up on it and feel uncomfortable around you.
    Try cutting yourself some slack and loving you for a bit. When you are happy with who you are people will accept you much more. :hug:

3. Syd

Syd Guest

You've touched on an interesting point though, Greenforest.

Good/ Evil, like many things, is a very relative human concept. For example, those who attack American culture are viewed as terrorists by many Americans. From the attackers' point of view though, Americans are the terrorists. Those of conflicting religions both view the outsiders as the enemy.

Who is the real enemy? There is none. Good & Evil are created by human minds, it is the individual who interprets the world how they choose.

I choose to view all humans in a positive light, citing the accomplishments of humanity's history and the optimistic teachings of Psychology as reasons to advocate my faith and love of all humans.

Now I'm not saying criminals should run free, they must be locked up for the protection of society. I'm saying criminals should be studied, because they're largely bred through unhealthy social environments. These unhealthy environments are society's responsibility. We need to conduct research in order to design better strategies and environments for raising new generations of children. The healthier and more productive our social environments, the lower probability that new criminals will surface.

Criminals are not evil. It's the social disease within them that is "evil", so to speak. Like any disease, these social problems can be largely eliminated through science. Psychology is needed to treat disease of the mind, whereas doctors and hospitals deal with the physiological diseases. More social progression in the areas of Education and Science would be useful.

No human is inherently evil. We're sensitive to our circumstances, and can become corrupted by evil, but we're simply the hosts, not the evil itself. This is an important concept for people to understand, because if we begin treating humans as human beings rather than enemies, we can start focusing on the true roots of these conflicts.

The people who laugh at you and hurt you aren't perfect though, as you've said in the first post. Humans aren't perfect, and these people are only products of their environments as well. Remember that a healthy person would not need to attack others. Mentally healthy people exhibit empathy, and enjoy helping others. Seek out those who care about you.

4. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

why do some people who have had good lifes do bad things tho syd? perfectly normal environments and they are pyschos as grown ups. I do agree mostly tho.

5. Xaos

Xaos Well-Known Member

nice interestin post syd..

terry, i have heard people of ur opinion before, but i hate it, its puttin the blame of the individual being hated on.. sum dicks piss me off at work, i understand i didnt feel comfortable around them on day 1, but that is no reason for them to piss me off since then, its not easy just sayin 'hey, i feel good about my self, people are gona like me and they won't judge' cos for me, that simply isnt true, sorry to snap, but when sum1 winds me up cos they think it makes them look cool in front of their m8s, i dont see that as being my fault, thanks.

6. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Wasn't laying blame hun, was just saying that sometimes the way we see ourselves can colour other peoples opinions of us.
    Obviously not everyone is gonna like everyone, but Greenforest was saying this happens to him/her all the time.

7. Syd

Syd Guest

I think it's a combination of bad environments and bad genetics in many criminal cases. For example, around 3% of the population may be unable to understand empathy because of personality disorders. In my opinion, this means they're prone to developing criminal behavior, and a bad environment increases these chances further.

No one knows exactly why and how criminals continue surfacing, but the more research completed, the closer we get to viable solutions. I look at it this way - there's not much our society can do about bad genetic traits (assuming cloning and genetic modification remain taboo!) but there's a lot our society can do about social environments. I feel that humanity should work with what we can, education, psychology, social resources, etc. I advocate more federal funding towards social sciences, parenting, education, and medicine.

When I see better schools, free college, free psychologists and health care, more help given to parents and children, and improvements in our economy and employment rates, then I'll be proud of my nation. These changes are already happening, and I have a lot of respect for everyone who's working towards these goals today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.