Maybe It's Too Scary...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Much afraid

I have most every reason to feel good, upbeat, positive even and still there is this nagging sense the other shoe is due to drop any second. The rug is poised to be pulled from beneath my feet. Do I return because it is familiar? Because I gain a false sense of security/safety? Some days I think I should be strong and other days I know it isn't me. I'm not strong and no amount of faking will make it so. I guess I just have to hold on until the light returns and the doubts slink back into their shadows...♥

flowers

Much Afraid, one thing I know for sure is that you have a good heart. I heave heard it in countless posts you make. Strength from the heart is the greatest strength of all as far as I am concerned. So, I will disagree with you. i think you are strong. Maybe its in a way that doesnt translate to the kind of power you envision. But in my opinion, your strength is the truest of all. It is from your heart. ♥

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Yes, Be strong and hold on because you can get through this difficult patch and we're here to help you through it :hug:

Sadeyes

Staff Alumni
I think we are most tested during those darker times...this is where I feel the treatment I received has been the most helpful...it is the natural course of life to have these times, and for me, it was containing them so I did not feel my self worth was in play...hope you also find strategies to scaffold you through these times

Much afraid

Thank you flowers, music, and Sadeyes ♥♥♥ you are so kind and encouraging. I get overwhelmed sometimes (like everyone does) and it just seems to throw me. Strange how I keep perspective and a decent sense of balance where others are concerned but I lose almost all perspective when I'm going through my mountain of a mole hill. :)

Concentrating on one step at a time and breathing deeply. :D. Bless you all for your insights and wisdom. :hug: ♥♥♥

flowers

. Strange how I keep perspective and a decent sense of balance where others are concerned but I lose almost all perspective when I'm going through my mountain of a mole hill. :)
Nuch afraid, this is also true for me. I can keep great perspective for others. But for myself........ it all goes out the window. I see mole hills as moountains also when it comes to myself. I do not know if its the anxiety. But I totally understand, from my own perspective, your words ♥♥♥ How are you doing now?

Much afraid

I'm doing better - sleep is elusive and I think that only adds to my anxieties. The "good" thing is that the body will eventually make me sleep (let me sleep) at least long enough to keep functioning. ♥♥♥

It sounds like anxiety or some type of Post Traumatic Stress to me. I used to feel this way too, and at times would awaken from sleep abruptly with an impeding sense of doom. I saw a shrink who recommended a therapist. In therapy I learned CBT (Cognitive Behavior Therapy).

My "symptoms" are far less now.

I remember as a kid walking through a dark forest, having thoughts of ghosts, animals out to get me, breaking into a sprint all the way home. Then my grandmother told me, everytime you feel the dragon breathing on your neck, turn around and breath him away. For some reason it worked. My grandmother has been dead for over 15 years but I still remember that.

Hang in there. It gets better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00