Maybe this is a good time...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Danny_boy, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danny_boy

Danny_boy New Member

I've been thinking a lot about how I see my life turning out lately, and the sad truth is that I can't see it going anywhere good.

Though I've had rough times over the past few years, I've survived. Why? Because I've been a kid. I could live with being an ugly, friendless, loser because I could always go home, crawl into bed or play video games or find some other way to escape myself. But now I'm in the last semester of my Senior year, in a few months I'll be responsible for myself... and I don't honestly think I can.

I don't think I can deal with student debt ( especially with the economy being as it is), I don't think I can deal social pressure, I don't think I can deal with loneliness, and I KNOW I can't deal with everyone considering me a loser because I can't communicate in any capacity.

The point of all this is, I'm wondering if I should just end it the day after Graduation. I've already made a promise to kill myself at 27 if I'm not happy, maybe I should check out a bit earlier. If I die after graduation, I'll have lived a full and (with the exception of the last few years) incredibly happy life, and best of all I will never have to deal with failure.

ps. Sorry for the whining, just wanted to get that out

2. lachrymose27

lachrymose27 Well-Known Member

Its not whining. Those are legitimate reasons to be depressed about. You speak for me also. Have you considered seeing a therapist for your depression?

3. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

Responsibility is scary. At several times during my past, I've made plans to kill myself to avoid it. I would worry more about the social issues than the loans, because you have 5 years for the economy to improve before you have to start paying them off, from today.

27 is a long way away. I'm sure that things will begin to go right for you long before then.

4. Julia-C

Julia-C Well-Known Member

Failure is a part of life. We all have failures. We all have times we do not succeed. Killing yourself at 27 is a promise you should not keep, nor should you ever kill yourself. You are in the beginning of life. I would do anything to be your age, to have time to start over. You have so much time left to make your life into something special, something spectacular. Don't give up, you OWE it to yourself. You deserve to live a full life. Don't cut it short. What if the day after you decide to kill yourself, the right person came along looking for someone just like you. Sadly you wouldn't be there. Just never give up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.