Maybe this will be the last time...

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Shannøn444, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Shannøn444

Shannøn444 Active Member

I started self harming from a young age as coping strategy, as twisted as it is it helped. As I got older it began more of a game,a risk. I no longer used it as a strategy but a way to end myself. I have tried to stop a few times but I always give in.
    I haven't self harmed in almost a week and I feel worse than I probably ever have.

2. Annon1831

Annon1831 Member

I understand completely , try to find something else to do when you are feeling the need to do that, like for me recently i started writing a journal whenever i just felt depressed or needed to get something out. just find something else to do to get you emotions out. Call a friend, write journal or poems, listen to songs, sing , dace, exercise, do anything that makes YOU feel better. bye for now... i guess i should try to take some of my own advice.:)

Shannøn444 and PaulK777 like this.
  3. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Congrats Shannon. You can do it.

4. Special-Agent-Gibbs

Special-Agent-Gibbs Safety and Support SF Pro SF Supporter

Hi There Shannon,

First I want to say CONGRATS ON MAKING IT A WEEK! It may seem like nothing to make it a week but when you are struggling it is something right? Also, it is completely normal and understandable to relapse. I went through the same exact thing you are going through. I would stop cutting for like a week and then something would happen that I just could not handle and I would end up giving in. Its not an easy thing to overcome but the important thing is that you STAY POSITIVE :)because YOU CAN DO IT! :cool:It may not happen as quickly as you would like but it is possible. Please know that you can always send me a message on here if you need someone to talk too.

Please stay positive and stay safe! :):):):):)

-S.A.G.

Shannøn444 likes this.
  5. lightning05

lightning05 Well-Known Member

A week is a long time. When I got clean from my addiction I realized just how big of an achievement that is. Congrats, stay strong, and keep up the good work!

Shannøn444 likes this.