Maybe you can sum things up in a few words

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by Littlewiji, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Littlewiji

Littlewiji Well-Known Member

Cause, something really inspirational happened to me today. And it was two words.

I was feeling really crappy, and I was texting one of my friends when I asked him "what's so great about life?"

he took a while to reply. But, it came through.

"It's fun."

it's always really difficult to imagine a light at the end of the tunnel. You never get a glimpse of hope. You just struggle on, and pray that maybe one day you'll find yourself out in the light. You can't really imagine that day though.

What he said, kinda made me think, maybe there is something to look forward to. He obviously sees something that makes life worth living. Maybe that struggle, however long it takes, is worth it in the end.

I really hope so.

2. Nicole_O91

Nicole_O91 Active Member

I really liked that, it made me smile. Thank you, to both yourself and your friend.
    It reminds me of something my best friend said to me once.
    Not long after I first tried to kill myself, I was feeling so terrible and I said to her, through tears, "What's worth living for?" and she said "Cause you never know what'll happen" - Sometimes when I'm feeling really down, the sheer curiosity of what could happen in life keeps me going, even if it's bad things that could happen. Perhaps I'm just a really nosey person...