Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Kiba, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

Maybe I am confused with myself because I am not confident with who I am. I always feel I have to prove myself.. And find very few who are supportive of me.. For example in my gender identity, sexuality, mental health etc. And trying to be good enough for others or prove I am good enough or am who I say I am.. Maybe that is what is causing the confusion.. I think I should try not to focus on proving myself. As much as knowing myself. idk :(
  2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

You shouldn't have to try and prove yourself to anyone. If you don't have people in your life who accept you for who you are, then surround yourself with more positive people. You should never have to feel that people don't care :hug:
  3. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

I think it is just automatic. I only feel I have a very few who accept me as I am. I don't feel I am accepted by parents or anyone else. Even here sometimes I feel I have to always prove myself. And for every stranger as well. Like I have to prove I exist and such.. And I end up explaining and saying way too much.. But I don't know. I just feel these constant pressure to prove I know what I am saying or doing or that I'm existing. And I am thinking maybe that is why I am so paranoid and anxious. I am struggling for some sort of approval or reciprocity. But I never can find it. And I'm not even sure it would fill me.
  4. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

The only person important enough to accept you, is you. It doesn't matter what anybody else thinks. You know in your heart who you are, so you don't need to prove yourself to anyone :hug:
  5. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

Thanks. I appreciate it Butterfly and Witty_Sarcasm. I know these things. :hug: But I think in a more subconscious way I am feeling these strong needs of approval and support and sometimes maybe I get confused with what I want then with what or who I am.. I guess maybe in a way as an example: Dressing and acting like the cool kid to become the cool kid vs being myself and being shunned. Only on a different level.

They sometimes say u become who you want to become. But who I want to become is confused with what others want me to be rather then I want or can handle. I guess I have never really thought completely what I wanted. I have always tried to change myself or be there for others. For my siblings, for my parents, for my friends because maybe I want to be accepted. I don't think I've actually ever figured out who I am. Save for only by what my role in life once was. Which was to care for and help protect my siblings and try and please my parents.