McCain's Keating Five scandal "rivals Watergate"

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Hae-Gi, Aug 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

http://mccainkeatingfive.com/?p=8

Of course, with the whole Diebold thing during last election, McCain probably will "win," anyway, but one should spread things like these around, anyway; one cannot stay passive when the US is heading towards becoming a military dictatorship, right? If you wonder what I mean with that, McCain has suggested martial law in troublesome areas of the US. I'll see if I can find the link, later.

2. SoHappyItHurts

SoHappyItHurts Well-Known Member

3. OutCaste

OutCaste Well-Known Member

Obama and McCain seeem just as bad as each other, not just for America but for the whole world with their foreign policies. Just hope that whoever is elected doesn't get a second term unless they do good work and there are good candidates next time.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2008
  4. Random

Random Well-Known Member

You have to take what any candidate says (particularly about foreign policy and particularly now) with a grain of salt. At the end of the day, the goal is to get elected and it's obvious that any politician will lie in order to win an election.

The only thing you can halfway trust is to look at which party the candidate is from. In today's world, they both seem equally bad but the Republicans have fucked us over so badly in the last 8 years they don't deserve any more chances. I'm particularly upset that they flushed what was left of our rights down the toilet with a big smile on their face. Of course, the Democrats have compromised and I don't like that either but I think that may have been a strategic move. Although I'm not really a fan of the Democrats either. I just don't see a choice. It's Obama or Bush #2.

5. nedflanders

nedflanders Well-Known Member

Errum, perhaps you've forgotten, but there was an election in 2006, and the Democrats took control of both houses of Congress. I did note with amusement that the complaints about voter fraud suddenly died away after that.

Sigh, you don't actually know what a military dictatorship actually is, do you? Do you really think that Barack Hussein Obama would be allowed to run under a dictatorship?

Oh, and about the Keating Five: It certainly was McCain's worst moment, but it was about five senators accepting campaign donations from a man who ran a corrupt bank. Of the five accused senators, three were Democrats, and two were Republicans. In the end, the Senate ethics committee found that three of the senators (two Democrats and a Republican) had acted improperly. The Senate ethics committee cleared the other two accused senators (John Glenn, a Democrat and former astronaut, and John McCain, a Republican and former war hero).

You kids of today can feel free to read more in Wikipedia.

So despite your fever swamp rhetoric, this was not a particularly grave scandal. It most certainly didn't approach Watergate levels. And John McCain was cleared of involvement in it. And he continued to serve honestly and honorably in the Senate for the next 27 years.

So y'all are really going to have to do better than that. Making ridiculous accusations like that just plays up the Obama crowd's ignorance and inexperience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.