Me 12 years on.....

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by Hazel, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Hazel

Hazel SF & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

Hi everyone, it's 12 years today since a 400lb car bomb rocked the small town of Omagh in Northern Ireland, killing, maiming and destroying life and lives. Buildings can be rebuilt but memories last for ever.

You might well wonder why I am posting this in this particular forum!

Well you see it's because I have survived, I have been to hell and back, had the medications, too numerous to remember, spent 3 months in a mental hospital, had ECT & CBT, saw no future, believed my kids would be better off without me, suicidal ideation was the norm for me.

Yet here I am 12 years on, yes I am still on medication but I'm alive and very glad I am!

I return to SF tonight to express my thanks to this forum and the people in it, without Sf I know I would not have survived, put quite simply I owe my life to SF.

So keep up the good work everyone!! :)

And remember you never know when you too will turn a corner so don't give up, keep fighting back against the darkness and never stop talking, don't isolate cos that never helps.

Take care everyone.

Lots of love Hazel xo :grouphug:

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Hazel i am glad too you are still here surviving it is good news to hear
    and i agree SF is a very caring forum and has help me survive thru pain and suicidal ideation it is nice to hear from you again and i hope you follow your words and do not isolate okay we all love you here take care.

3. Malcontent

Malcontent Staff Alumni

Hazel :hug: You're an amazing person, so glad I had the chance to meet you :smile:

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Big hugs Hazel :hug: You're a wonderful, courageous person :hug: I'm glad you've come out the other side with a positive story to share.
    Always here if you need us :)

5. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

:hug: hazel thinking of you

6. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

This is a wonderful post Hazel.