• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Practical Advice Me again, sorry. This doesn’t count as purgin right?🥺

HappyKitty

•✮• SF's pet kitty, full of kittens & colours •✮•
I had to. I had to ask for help. I’m in the middle of processing my financial things for medical before heading full treatment for this but like....

I don’t feel comfortable in asking doctors/pharmacist. Some drugs they give aren’t that strong enough cause I am trying and ya’ll know its hard to have regular breakfast, its tough. I hate facing consequences whenever I skipped meals (not my choice, I’m tired) .. I just feel bloated whenever I eat. My doc told me to take laxatives only when constipated but I just feel like taking laxatives every time I feel bloated, it wouldn’t hurt right?

My friends and counsellors is giving me a straight up NO! I just feel tired from feeling nauseas and bloated with food..... But I need to eat. 🥺

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
It could be the types of food that's causing bloatedness, not necessariy down to constipation. If it's just a bloated feeling, then products containing simeticone or dimeticone will help.

Regarding stimulant laxatives, I'm not going to sugar coat it. Excessive use can lead to dehydration, bloating, cramps, conversely it can cause diarrhoea. Additionally, it can lead to the development of intestinal obstruction, damage to the nerves and muscles of the colon, salt and mineral imbalances. So dropping stimulant laxatives like sweets is not a good idea.

HappyKitty

•✮• SF's pet kitty, full of kittens & colours •✮•
It could be the types of food that's causing bloatedness, not necessariy down to constipation. If it's just a bloated feeling, then products containing simeticone or dimeticone will help.

Regarding stimulant laxatives, I'm not going to sugar coat it. Excessive use can lead to dehydration, bloating, cramps, conversely it can cause diarrhoea. Additionally, it can lead to the development of intestinal obstruction, damage to the nerves and muscles of the colon, salt and mineral imbalances. So dropping stimulant laxatives like sweets is not a good idea.
Yay thanks Ashie. Gonna ask my pharmacist again. *hug

Dante

Took 5 years to learn how to make a custom title.
SF Supporter
It will take time for your body and mind to get used to food again. Did you know your heart should be quite obvious in your chest, beating away all day, but most of the time you don't notice it, but I hear that transplant patients can feel the new one beating away for a while before their body gets used to it. We SHOULD feel bloated and loaded down whenever we eat, I mean that stuff is moving around inside us, but our bodies filter out common sensations so they don't distract us, you just need time for eating and being full to become a "common sensation".

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$305.00
Goal
$255.00