• Apologies for the issue with a bizarre redirect on the site earlier today. There was a large server update and an error in an IP address had the traffic routing wrongly. No hacking or anything nefarious and nothing to worry about. Sorry for any stress/anxiety caused. Very best wishes - SF Admin

Me bowels no move

I don't know IF you've heard the old joke 'chief bowels no move'
but I have a question about it. (not the joke butt the lack of)

When you get in a whacked out state and start wanting to die, do you stop having bowel movements?

Does your gut feel bad and your stomach not empty like it should?

Supposedly the autonomous nervous system starts malfunctioning, leading to all kinds of problems, like the shutting down of the
digestive system. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autonomic_nervous_system which would explain the stomach not emptying and
the lack of bowel movement, which can lead to a build up of toxins.

I know once I start feeling bad, a nice big dump makes me feel much better. (lightens the load, in more ways than one)

SillyOldBear

SF grey-haired bear 🐻
Staff Alumni
@The Unknown Philosopher I really don't know if a 'whacked out state and wanting to die' effects bowel movements, but I do have Irritable Bowel Syndrome, constipated version. I have found a couple of things that help, if you have them available. I start each morning with juice with a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar added. The vinegar is supposed to help bacteria in colon. Then before bed I have a teaspoon of olive oil (followed immediately by a drink of anything because it tastes horrid). The oil sort of greases the chute if you will. After doing this for several weeks I have become more regular. Also, exercise helps. Even just a little walking. Wishing you the best of luck because a 'nice big dump' certainly does make one feel better.

When you get in a whacked out state and start wanting to die, do you stop having bowel movements?
I don't think everyone who is suicidal will necessarily have bowel issues, but I think strong emotions can cause problems like this.

If what you've got is in fact IBS, you might want to try getting the book "Curing IBS Naturally with Chinese Medicine", or take a look at other info about Chinese medicine and IBS.

I'm not sure if conventional medicine has anything good to offer for this, but it might be worth looking into.

I hope something can help.

MrBlue

SF Supporter
I have had issues for years. A few reasons, first off I am gluten free, throw in 15 years of medication that causes constipation, pretty much all the antidepressants have that as a possible side effect, then like you said depression which often involves less physical activity...throw in some stress, anxiety & benzos and you have some pretty uncomfortable situations.

I use Citrucel daily, eat some prunes whenever I think about it, oatmeal is really good. I track days so I know if I miss a couple movements then I drink a cup of Smooth Move tea and trust me...it works really well. Otherwise, before I started watching things I had some complete blockages...will let you figure that out on your own but it ain't pretty. I have plugged more toilets than I care to admit to and I am not that big of a dude. The feeling of unloading a 'crowd pleaser' is quite a relief. Be really careful not to force it, you can give yourself a hernia, let it come to you.

SaFa61947

Kaiser Franz
I think you need to take care of your diet. Objectively there is no correlation between depression and blocked intestines, but there might be in your case.

Have a diet with lots of fiber: oatmeal, vegetables and fruits, drink plenty of water and exercise. Going for a walk counts and it's good for the bowels.

I've have digestive problems before, whatever they've been,
but this is a complete shutdown of my digestion to the point
that I don't go for more than a few days. It's very disconcerting.

My urination is light and infrequent too.

I was just wondering if others have dealt with this.

MichaelKay

Whenever I feel really down my stomach feels like it's been kicked or something. I have this nonstop hollow feeling inside and my digestion comes to a halt. I don't have much appetite during so that might explain it to an extent.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$180.00
Goal
$255.00