Me, my bro and sis are all depressed, suicidal and have low self esteem, why?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by emmbnm, Apr 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emmbnm

emmbnm Member

I never hear about families where EVERYONE wants to die. Its usually one person who's sick or something but all three of us?? Is it safe to say my mom's selfishness could be the cause of this? I can't stop thinking about it ever since my brother attempted suicide and I'm so fucking angry with her. Seriously, all of us are suicidal, there has to be a reason behind this. We were all happy kids until my parents divorced and my mom started her bullshit.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

When one member of the family is ill it cause reprocusions and others are pulled down with them That is why you need to take care of YOU ok get therapy you need to stay strong and not get pulled under
  3. randomguy9

randomguy9 Put's the "Pro" in Profanity Chat Pro

I am not a doctor or a therapist or anything like that.

With that said I think that depression has roots in both genetics and environment. Family is often what contributes to mental health issues. Divorce is very hard on kids, and they can take it personally when in reality it has nothing to do with them.

And it happens at a time when the brain is still learning what to believe and think.

Issues with your mother might be a root cause... and if it is you know what you need to target in moving forward from this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.