me my mother and money

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hate not being able to afford therapist, since i was a little kid thats all i wanted and i always had it at the back of my head, even school didn't care when i explained some details so i couldn't and stil can't do anything about it. i started reading a lot about different illnesses or smth like abusive household - how to recognize beacuse i knew something was wrong. then i couldn't stop self diagnosing myself and became really anxious, then started reading more and more, then watching interviews and documentaries and know i can pretty much tell whats wrong with me. shocking news i found out that my mother might have something similar to me... i know she was diagnosed with depression when i was born but i can tell that it's not the only thing, i don't want to be a smartass and act like i studied psychology but i think some sort of self awareness is important too, i just can't do anything about

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
therapy is expensive even with insurance. but if you feel you need help the first place to start is your doctor, tell him/her everything about how you feel. your doctor may refer you for a psychiatric evaluation. at that point they can prescribe meds if neccessary, they may also reccomend therapy. you may have to look around for a therapist that you can afford. and please be careful about online information. it's only a guide to help you decide to see a proffessional. i hope you get the services you need..mike...*hug*shake

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
When you have no idea what to do about it after the fact, self-awareness doesn't help a whole lot. That much, I know from personal experience. With that said, there are a number of things you can still do to try to help yourself without a therapist or a particular diagnosis. As long as you recognize your core symptoms or what's bothering you the most (i.e. depression, anxiety, anger, sleep issues, lack of motivation, self-harm), you can do some research on self-help tactics. There is information out there on how to improve sleep, numerous ways to deal with anxiety, self-help books and workbooks for depression/trauma/anger, self-harm alternatives that aren't self-destructive, etc. If you think you're in any immediate danger of committing suicide, though, call emergency services for help immediately, regardless of the money situation.

Waves

When you have no idea what to do about it after the fact, self-awareness doesn't help a whole lot. That much, I know from personal experience. With that said, there are a number of things you can still do to try to help yourself without a therapist or a particular diagnosis. As long as you recognize your core symptoms or what's bothering you the most (i.e. depression, anxiety, anger, sleep issues, lack of motivation, self-harm), you can do some research on self-help tactics. There is information out there on how to improve sleep, numerous ways to deal with anxiety, self-help books and workbooks for depression/trauma/anger, self-harm alternatives that aren't self-destructive, etc. If you think you're in any immediate danger of committing suicide, though, call emergency services for help immediately, regardless of the money situation.
Good advice

Have you tried crisis hotlines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00