me, myself and I

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by forlorn, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. forlorn

forlorn Staff Alumni

Ive been mourning the death of a love and a life. My now ex g/f was a long way away from me, 179 miles in fact but i begged and borrowed and used all my funds to see her. I feel guilty about my daughter, she's been managing to cope without me most months and she has a b/f. Anyhow last night I found her in the bathroom with her wrists slit. Thankfully she is ok but what the hell have I been doing. I already felt bad that my ex thinks I never supported her and now this. I feel so tired, so alone, so empty.
  2. texaskitty

texaskitty SF Friend and Antiquities Friend Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Aw Jim, I'm so sorry to hear. But I'm assuming your daughter is grown. You can't take total responsibility for her actions.

Support her as best you can during this difficult time and be sure to take care of yourself as well.

3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I'm so sorry. :hug: You had nno way of knowing what she was going to do though.

Like Texaskitty said, support her the best you can right now. But remember to look after yourself too and ask for support if you need it.
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am sorry you are under so much stress and seeing your daughter that way i know hurts. You can there for her now by listening to her and giving her some support she needs but like the others said you need to look after you too. If you are strong the you will be able to be more supportive toward your daughter. Taking care of you matters too okay take care.
  5. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

so sorry..that must have been a shock to find your daughter like that....
    she has another chance and you can be there for her....
    don't know if you have therapy but would be a good idea to help you..... and to help you help your daughter..
    take care.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.