Me ranting (again!)

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by *dilligaf*, Dec 22, 2007.

1. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

This is getting so hard.

I just brought my Nan a Christmas card, how sad is that!

I was at my aunts and uncles today and they had a picture of Nan up and were talking about the fact that they had been to her grave. It felt weird. And then because it was my cousins birthday we were doing the "hip hip hooray" and we did three of them and then my aunt said "and one for aunty Phyliis" it was so sweet of her so why did it upset me so much?

Me, Vikki, Mum and Dad have just been for a nice meal and went to see my Nan's family with their presents etc. I want her to be here

I know there is no point in saying this and that most likely everyone is sick of hearing it but hey..

I miss my Nan so much. I knew that this Christmas was going to be hard without her but I am seriously starting to wonder how I am going to get through it now. I want my Nan back s so much. I would give anything to get her back, to see her smiling at me, to get one of those great hugs and even to hear her shouting at me!!

Why did she have to be taken? She was still so young and had so so many people who loved and cared about her.

Oh Nan

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

2. Slinkybinky

Slinkybinky Active Member

O hun. I so wish I could make it stop hurting for you, all I can do is promise you that eventually it does get easier to bear. I still miss all my grandparents at xmas and find myself nearly buying presents for them and everything.
    It's been three years now and althogh i still think about them a lot especially now I try to think that they are all at rest now where no one can hurt them and no pain can be felt anymore-it does help.
    I wish I could say more to help.....i guess sometimes the best thing to do is to talk about nan and bring back the happy memories.
    Try to have a fab xmas and remember you'll never lose the memories you have-no one can take them away from you so share them and enjoy yourself you know that Nan would want you too.
    Take care and stay safe

xx

3. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Thank you hun

Means a lot.

I don't know what I'm doing, trying to hold it all together for everyone else but struggling........

4. GypsyGirl

GypsyGirl Well-Known Member

Oh, sweetie! :hug:

You talk about Nan as much as you want too - you know we'll listen. Yell and cry if you need to! It is so much better for you to get these feelings out in the open instead of keeping them in your heart. :smile:

You know I am thinking of you. I know this is hard, but you are so strong. You can do this. So many people care about you and believe in you, hunni. :hug:

I know your Nan is so proud of you, sam. Just keep thinking about beautiful red heart balloons floating up to heaven for Nan and my daddy. I know I miss my dad so much, but that thought just makes me smile. I hope it brings you some peace too. :smile:

Remember, I am here if you need me. BIG :hug:

5. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

its never sad to buy a xmas card for your nan. why not bring it to her grave site and give it to her?? i know that sounds odd but it could be therapeutic. Holidays will always be tough but it will eventually ease.

:hug:

6. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Gypsy, thank you AGAIN hun :hug: I will make sure I say a prayer for your Dad on xmas morning as well

Kells, thank you hun :hug: I am going to do that this afternoon. Put some flowers and the card up on her grave. It really helps hearing people tell me that what I am feeling is normal, so thanks :smile:

7. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

anytime sam. it's a natural part of healing a broken heart and a way to heal that missing part..

take care and have a great christmas with vikki