Discussion in 'Welcome' started by friendless, Dec 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. friendless

friendless Well-Known Member

I'm recovering from depression and even though I've come a long way from being suicidal, I still have emotional problems to work through. I was hoping to get advice from people who have made full recoveries.

As my name implies, my friends have either left me or I have left them and now I've come to a point where I no longer really know how to relate to others.

What I would like to get out of my time here is learning what steps one would take in order to function normally. I figured SF would be a good place because I could learn to socialize with others who could relate.

Take care and see you in the forums,
  2. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Welcome to the forum.

Though I must say you'll have a hard time finding any "full recoveries" here.

Good luck to your endeavors, at any rate.
  3. friendless

"Full recovery" is a relative term, I realize. I was hoping someone here could give advice on letting go of the past and moving on.
  4. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

welcome to the forum ~ <3
  5. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Welcome to SF. :hug:
  6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hello and welcome to the forums!! I have found that therapy helps the best because you lay it all out on the table and they help you to sort thru the mess going thru your head..Thats just my opinion.. Maybe others here can add to the advice..Take care!!
  7. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hey glad you are here I am just getting into healing part. I am seeing psychologist doing therapy getting into why all the pain and sadness is there. It does help but it does take time okay nothing is fixed overnight. Therapy with medication said to be the best way to heal but talk to your doctor about that one. Your GP can start the medication part. take care keep posting okay so others who can relate can help.
  8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi and welcome to sf. :hug:
  9. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

how are you?
    welcome to SF :)
  10. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. I hope we are able to give you some ideas as to how to cope with things if you can't move forward as quickly as you'd like. I don't know if you ever really recover, but you can learn how to look at things in a different way and they become less painful. :hug:
  11. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

12. friendless

Thank you so much to everyone here at SF for what you do!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.