me

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by lbc213, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lbc213

lbc213 Member

I have been feeling this for a while. When I was younger, I used to think, get depressed very midly about life until now. Since the new year, I have been drinking heavily, every few nights I drink heavy. I just feel nothing, no feelings, just going day by day, drinking to actually start thinking, thought that may seem ironic(my typing is bad because I have been drinking, but I mean I need to drink to actually reflect on myself and think about life because I don't when sober). Every day, I wish something would happen, I'd wish I'd get shot in the street instead of killing myself, so not to hurt my parents/family if I did it myself. The worst bit of all this is the last 2 weeks/months i feel absolutely nothing, no motivation, no strength, nothing. I really need help or some guardian angel or a word from God, because I have always relied on myself and I don't think I could change that if it weren't for something special to help me.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi IBC and welcome...I am glad you found us...I hope you get the help you desire and find support here...welcome again, J

3. lbc213

lbc213 Member

though I appreciate the welcome, I am serious, I have been thinking about suicide when I was young(though that is what every teenager thinks), but recently as I got older it is more serious. I do not know what to do. I read these threads and nothing seems serious.

4. Fading Mentality

Fading Mentality Active Member

I must say that, even though I am still new as well, the lack of moderator responses (not just hi and welcome) to the extent of a real attempt to converse with the people here is pathetic. I understand I have not read "all" the threads here and may be missing posts, though this is a serious matter even if some people are just venting or looking for attention!

In response though I too know what the numbness feels like and would love to help in this matter, but it is hard to help another with the same issue when one suffers from the same. I was lucky enough to find another intelligent person to converse with my first day on this site, and I hope you are contacted by one as well so that we may repair what is broken. We are here because we have not given up so as long as you return here there is hope. Don't give up yet, there is a solution, just not always an obvious one. Best of luck to us all!

As for the drinking i'm sure it is apparent that you are addicted to either the substance or the mental state while intoxicated. I cannot tell you how to quite and/or cut down as it is different for each individual. The only one that can truly help you is you, you just have to find the right mental tool whatever that may be.

Edit: Feel free to converse with myself and Dennis on Yet Another thread in the welcome section.

5. lbc213

lbc213 Member

thank you for this response, I really appreciate it. Although I am new, I feel that the last few threads are looking for attention, I don't intent do harm. As 1st reply I really do appreciate it, sometimes I think those in a similar situation can be of similar or more help, it takes time to know one and find out. I just can't feel anything anymore, I just wish I would die sometime soon. I feel I have no motivation or any purpose anymore.

6. lbc213

lbc213 Member

I hope I find the right person or something to help me with what I'm dealing with like u said fading menatlity, although anyone who has went through the same thing might help.

7. lbc213

lbc213 Member

thursday seems like my day

8. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you are feeling so down....
    are you seeing a doctor or anything at the moment? meds????

9. lbc213

lbc213 Member

no, not atall. To be honest, I'd think I would be really weak if I seeked any outside help for this, like a doctor or counsellor. I'd rather keep it to myself, and post on the internet since it's more personal.

10. Fading Mentality

Fading Mentality Active Member

Thursday looks bad for me, lets shoot for a later date so that we may converse some more! If you didn't check back on Yet Another, I left a reply there as we would be happy to evaluate all topics.

11. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

there is nothing weak about seeking help for your problems.......
    if you had cancer you would need help...
    if you have a mental illness you need help..
    take care..

12. lbc213

lbc213 Member

no offence, I've always felt like this inside and doubt I'd change. I just need somebody to talk to online or something or some real guidance.

13. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

no problems..here if you want to talk...

14. lbc213

lbc213 Member

I just need some guidance. I have had family problems, financial problems and problems with college/uni. I feel like I'm 50 but I'm only 20. Alot of times I feel like I've lived my life when infact I've not.

15. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

do you want to share some of those problems?..there are a lot of people on here who will have/had the same experiences as you....maybe they could help ..:console:

16. lbc213

lbc213 Member

I;ve had a few problems, family, money, n college. I just fel no motivation, no feeling, living day by day. Like I said to someone, feeling 50 but I'm only 20, pathetic.

17. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

lots of young people who can relate to that on here..
    I hope you'll keep talking...

18. lbc213

lbc213 Member

me too. Every day I have a feeling about this, wishing I could relate to somebody about this.

19. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I don't know anything about college but can relate to money and family problems....
    seems to be the norm on here...

20. lbc213

lbc213 Member

can u share? I'm really having porblems here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.