1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meat intolerance?

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by Dragon, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Dragon

Dragon Staff Alumni

Is something like that possible? :huh:

Nine times out of ten when I eat meat, no matter what kind, within fifteen minutes I have awful stomach cramps. I don't know what's up with me :mellow: but I don't like it.

Any thoughts? :unsure:

2. bunny

bunny Staff Alumni

i have a friend who says she became vegetarian because she couldn't digest meat, although she is ok eating fish, she got bad cramps too when she ate meat (i believe) and i think it was her doctor who finally told her the cause

3. Dragon

Dragon Staff Alumni

The odd thing is.. when I have steak (which is the one time out of ten that I don't get cramps) I have it rare.. I don't know if that has any bearing but rare steak doesn't give me cramps :huh:

4. bunny

bunny Staff Alumni

hmm that is odd, all i know is it is possible to be intolerant to meat, but ive only heard of the one case, so i guess all i can advise is you either see your doctor, or just recognise that meat (except rare steak) is doing this so cut out meat (veggie food is nice - i recommend Linda McCartney's sausages) then if the cramps continue try cutting out something else that's a likely cause

5. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

my body can't take meat. it just can't digest it. and my blood doesn't like it either. it shows in my skin. after i came out of hospital i looked a wreck i ate so much chicken there..:laugh:

6. gag

gag Well-Known Member

My mom can't eat any real solid meats or she gets bad stomach pains. She blames it on acid reflux, but I've got acid reflux and can eat a pound of roast beef without feeling a tad bit uneasy.