Meat intolerance?

Dragon

Staff Alumni
Is something like that possible? :huh:

Nine times out of ten when I eat meat, no matter what kind, within fifteen minutes I have awful stomach cramps. I don't know what's up with me :mellow: but I don't like it.

Any thoughts? :unsure:

bunny

Staff Alumni
i have a friend who says she became vegetarian because she couldn't digest meat, although she is ok eating fish, she got bad cramps too when she ate meat (i believe) and i think it was her doctor who finally told her the cause

Dragon

Staff Alumni
The odd thing is.. when I have steak (which is the one time out of ten that I don't get cramps) I have it rare.. I don't know if that has any bearing but rare steak doesn't give me cramps :huh:

bunny

Staff Alumni
hmm that is odd, all i know is it is possible to be intolerant to meat, but ive only heard of the one case, so i guess all i can advise is you either see your doctor, or just recognise that meat (except rare steak) is doing this so cut out meat (veggie food is nice - i recommend Linda McCartney's sausages) then if the cramps continue try cutting out something else that's a likely cause

G

ggg456

my body can't take meat. it just can't digest it. and my blood doesn't like it either. it shows in my skin. after i came out of hospital i looked a wreck i ate so much chicken there..:laugh:

gag

My mom can't eat any real solid meats or she gets bad stomach pains. She blames it on acid reflux, but I've got acid reflux and can eat a pound of roast beef without feeling a tad bit uneasy.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00