meat making me sick

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by morning rush, Dec 15, 2010.

1. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I've been sick most of my life, and so last week I got really sick so I stopped eating meat, and since then I've been feeling so good, and my bowels(sorry) have been the best they've ever been in my entire seems that meat has been making me I'm thinking of becoming a vegetarian...

has anyone ever realized this? I've been reading on how meat is so not good for our bodies but I've always been thought that meat is a must to a healthy life...

I'm also wondering if I eat tofu will it make me sick like the meat?

I know that vegan don't eat eggs and dairy products, I don't drink milk because of lactose intolerance but I do eat mozzarella cheese (only, I dont eat other cheese 'cause they make me sick)
  2. me myself and i

me myself and i Account Closed

I have been vegetarian for 25 years, and was a vean for 12. Omitting meat and fish from your diet is, in my opinion, great for your health, the world and your soul.
    Check out any vegetarian websites, but for the real truth, check out the vegan websites. Hidden from the public mainstream is the truth and its not nice.
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I think see a dietitian would help you i know i cannot eat pork at all my stomach just cannot handle that. A dietitian can give you a meal plan that will keep you healthy and away from the certain meat products that may be making you ill. Glad your feeling better now though take care.
  4. me myself and i

me myself and i Account Closed

As a footnote, no tofu wont! The reason meat makes things difficult is the body struggles to break it down, we have in essence a vegetarian's stomach!
  5. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

I get sick the same way but when I was vegetarian, my blood condition worsened even with vitamin injections, substitutes and pills added into my diet-- so my doctor suggested that I go back to eating meat.
    In my opinion-- if you can get away with not eating any red meat- do it.

Also- tofu can be great for your body and does not have the same effects as meat would on your digestive system.
    Just make sure to flavour it properly if you don't know how to prepare it~ or your first tofu experience might throw you off the whole idea.
  6. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

My mom's been prescribed a meat-free diet for her stomach. Fish and seafood are generally not harmful, however, so it's a good source of essential nutrients, which are less bioavailable in plants and supplements. Mussels and oysters are a good source of iron, which is essential if you're a girl (KittyGirl take note).

We're evolved to eat fruits, vegetables and fish with smaller amounts (or none) of other animals and cereals.
  7. Socialman

Socialman Well-Known Member

I had meat yesterday, and it made me feel sick. I don't eat meat too often. I like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, crackers, bananas, and applesauce (I hate apples).
  8. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I tried a vegan diet once and felt much more energy but my weight dropped to an unhealthy level. My lean mass started to return with the reintroduction of milk and eggs. I am eating an omnivorous diet these days and while it seems animal products take noticeable energy to digest and absorb I believe the human body attains optimal health from it. Okinawans eat a nutrient dense omnivorous diet that is heavy in vegetables and low in animal products and they are the longest lived people.

You may have food intolerances, food allergies or even colitis. Can you see a doctor and try to determine if you have an underlying condition? You may be able to eat a fairly conventional and unrestricted diet aside from avoiding a few foods to which your body is having an immune response.
  9. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I feel so much better since I've been eating veggies, fruits and rice (bread too) I don't feel as bloated and heavy either...and I seem to have more energy and less tired...heck I was always tired and the past two days I feel completely awake...

I've bought tofu, turns out there are many types of tofu, like soft, semi hard and hard(or firm) there are some already flavored too...and they have those fake I bought fake bacon and some fake chicken strips...

only fish I eat is tuna....but I will try those ramen noodles shrimp flavored...see if I like em...I have seasonings for normal meat but I'm thinking maybe I can use them to flavor those fake stuff and tofu...I do take alot of vitamins so...

since my liver isn't working properly I'm hoping this will help it and give it a break too....I bought some beans too...I'm hoping I will like all of what I bought...
  10. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

I am not a good subject on health, as I torture and do damage to my body in other ways, but I have been a vegan or a vegetarian for the most part over the last 13 years

the reason I think I am still alive is because I eat so healthy

and I am not really a fan of soy and tofu, I will have it but I do not really like the taste of it so much, there are other protein based foods that are really good, when I have veggie burgers I try and stay away from the soy stuff and eat bean and veggie based things(some of them are really good)
  11. Romancer

Romancer Well-Known Member

i can't imagine my life without soy :D
  12. foreverforgotten

foreverforgotten Well-Known Member

I was veg for a good 2-3 years. And
    I stopped recently to have some meat..
    And I've been eating it.. Mostly beef.
    But its started to make me sick so I'm considering
    Getting off meat again. Its not worth it for me.
    Stomach hurts a lot and it just makes me nauseuas
    Smelling it. Maybe that's just because its been so long.
    But I'm not impressed. :3
    Maybe its the type of meat you eat though.
    Eggs and fish and turkey seem to be good and light.
    No ham or beef or chicken though.
  13. wOOt99

wOOt99 Active Member

Wow I can't believe there are so many of my fellow Canadians, on this site.

Well I was going to comment that it could be the chemicals in the meat that is making you sick. Did you get your meat in a can or from the butcher store? One of my friends found out it was one of the preservatives that was making him sick not the meat.
  14. peacelovingguy

peacelovingguy Well-Known Member

I have not eaten meat for about 30 years.

I eat fish and eggs.

If I was going to eat meat, maybe game meat is the healthiest, plus if you hunt them yourself then at least it was free, right up until the moment it was shot. It ate a natural diet and had never been jabbed with needles or had chemicals added to its feed. That animal also had the chance to mate, to defend territory and enjoy life as best a wild animal can.

Animals grown in captivity are pretty much fed unnatual diets - often a mono diet, corn with added vitamins plus all manner of innoculations against disease. These animals live an unnatural life - in the case of chickens for instance, there natural insticts are suppressed leaving them to pretty much suffer mental stress. I've owned pets, I know 100% an animal can be happy or sad. Worse still, some animals are now being messed about with - DNA altered, even animals which might yeild us a kidney for transplanting.

There are the offspring of cloned farm animals in the UK. In fact its reported some were mistakenly sold into the food chain. The money to be made by producing cloned farm animals outweighs any moral objections.

I would imagine that many people who eat mostly processed food are being poisoned. You would do yourself a favour by eliminating all the junk food. This does not mean all food ought to be fresh. Frozen, dried, tinned - there's lots of bargains out there IF you don't do a one stop shop in the big supermarkets.

Even better, grow your own veg and salads.