medical records/nurse

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by cloudy, Jun 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cloudy

cloudy Well-Known Member

i go to this clinic to see my pdoc and this nurse that is a psych check out nurse has been listening to my counselor's wall during my counseling sessions ( i know because i have heard her putting her head against the wall, and then proceeding to laugh, there are no cabinets or anything stuck to the other side of that wall). yesterday, she was in such a hurry to laugh and talk shit about me, that she forgot to give me my medicine. so today, i have to go back and get an address or two to file a complaint against her, which will be my word against hers and to try and see if i can have my medical records inaccessible to people at the front desk/nurses as far as what is being said between me, my doctor, and counselor because i have reason to believe that the nurse and other people are gossipmonging about me. don't know why, don't care to know why, i just want the bitch either written up, fired, etc. i may have to find another doctor here in town which is nearly impossible to do because they all want to be picky about medicare/medicaid. if it is such a big deal i will pay a fucking co pay. and yes, there is no other nurse that can do my vitals,weight etc. except the other heavy set one which is usually not around when i go in there.

any other advice as to how i can get my medical records cut off from these people would be appreciated.

thanks

kinna

2. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

Where are you from? Diferent countries have different laws. If its the uk then you just goto citizens advice

3. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

If its in the USA it is very well a Hipaa issue and it shouldnt be too hard to get her fired.

4. cloudy

cloudy Well-Known Member

i am in the usa, i have to write a letter to the head of the fam practice. the lady who deals with that sort of thing told me that when someone peeks into your medical records, that the person who is looking at your chart- their name pops up in the corner stating that they have looked at your chart and that they have to state a reason for having looked into your chart. this nurse has the ability to look in my chart but i want her banned from looking into my chart because of what she has been doing and maybe even fired if she continues to do it.

5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Have you talked to your pdoc about it??Do they have a room not as close to her station?? Have you approached her directly and gave her a peice of your mind?? As the other person above said report her to Hippa..

6. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

Please don't take this the wrong way, just trying to offer some thoughts. Is it possible she could have leaned against the wall as she was talking to someone else about something, and laughed because of their discussion?
    Are you sure they are gossiping about you :S

Sorry.. it's just horrible to hear that a nurse would do that to you.

7. isocial

isocial Active Member

Which country you are? Each country has separate law so it differs. If it is USA then that’s “Hippa issue”(confidentiality, safety and administrative simplification). So you just report to Hippa about her.

8. cloudy

cloudy Well-Known Member

well, i have observed it quite a few times going on. if i say something to her, my emotions are likely to get out of control and i might end up hitting her. no, i'm not paranoid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.