Medication Costs

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by Loco72, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Loco72

Loco72 Well-Known Member

OMG....so I just changed jobs and my new insurance sucks. I have to pay for my medication upfront, then the insurance company will reimburse me 70%...do they have any idea how much me medication costs me....I'll have to find $450 a month each for my Abilify and Lamictal. Thankfully the klonipin is cheap, but also the one that I don't need to take on a regular basis. ugh, I hate that i'll probably be on these meds for the rest of my life....it sucks

2. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

Depending on your family size and income you may qualify for really inexpensive meds (a long list of covered meds), such as $20, $30, or $40 for a three month supply. Go to www.rxoutreach.com and see if you qualify. That's the only way I can afford my Zoloft and Neurontin. If I had to pay drugstore prices I couldn't take them at all.

3. Loco72

Loco72 Well-Known Member

unfortunately my 2 expensive ones aren't on there. And since on paper I amke pretty good money, and I'm single, and I technically have insurance, just sucky insurance i don't qualify for much. someone told me I may still be able to qualify for a discount card, i'll have to look into it today. Just got an email frommy old therapist(Still looking for a new one since I moved), she said she'd give me a bunch of samples if I can come get it...not sure if i'll be able to manage it.

4. ThoseEmptyWalls

ThoseEmptyWalls Well-Known Member

I understand your pain when it comes to medication costs.. A big reason I stopped taking it (a long story I wont tell right now). Some of the stuff they had me on went as high as $900 a bottle :(