Medication Description Site

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by raw, Jan 22, 2005.

1. raw

raw Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

One of the best sites I have found about a large number of medications including anti-depressants, mood stabilizers, anti-psychotics and every other kind of med you can think of is as follows:

It gives a very complete and understandable review of the med including doseage, purpose, warnings, side-effects, and patient information.

Just thought it might be helpful.

Am I sick likes this.
  2. Silent Fairy

Silent Fairy Guest

Thanks for that Rick, it sorta gives me a more clear understandin of my meds, thanks

3. Sorry

Sorry Guest

Thanks Raw thats really helpful :)
  4. Robin

Robin Guest

Thanks Rick :)
  5. AnnaA89

AnnaA89 Guest

That's really helpful. :)
  6. ThE--GriM--ReApEr

ThE--GriM--ReApEr Well-Known Member

Thats Really Helpful :)
  7. hard climb

hard climb Guest

Re: Medication Description Site (and references)

Here are some helpful hints those of us who may be concerned about flight travel in the future. It's from but it's a good site for a lot of different types of conditions. Basically, tell your health care provider/therapist well ahead of time when you are going to fly and discuss concerns with her or with him. Also, take plenty of prescription medication (and I would add, make sure you are caught up with your meds the day you fly).
  8. silentnobody

silentnobody Member

If anyone is interested in finding information about any of the following meds:

alprazolam (Xanax), bromazepam (Lexotan, Lexomil), chlordiazepoxide (Librium, Nova-Pam), clonazepam (Klonopin, Rivotril), clorazepate (Tranxene), diazepam (Valium, D-Pam, Pro-Pam), estazolam (ProSom), flunitrazepam (Rohypnol), flurazepam (Dalmane), halazepam (Paxipam), ketazolam (Anxon), loprazolam (Dormonoct), lorazepam (Ativan), lormetazepam (Noctamid), medazepam (Nobrium), midazolam, (Versed, Hypnovel, Dormicum), nitrazepam (Mogadon, Insoma, Nitrados), oxazepam (Serax, Serapax, Serenid, Benzotran), prazepam (Centrax), quazepam (Doral), temazepam (Restoril, Euhypnos, Normison, Sompam), triazolam (Halcion, Hypam, Tricam)

It is definately worth your while to check out this site, in particular the FAQ section
  9. Starfire

Starfire New Member

hello to everyone... :smile:

i know this site where you can read about various medications as well as compare prices among various reputable online pharmacies... it's at:
  10. SuicideBoy

SuicideBoy Well-Known Member

Another good link for just about every psychotropic drug available, plus a forum to discuss them: ... It's also a pretty funny site.
  11. RySp123

RySp123 Guest

Last edited: Nov 22, 2007
  12. RichardT

RichardT Member

Anyone who is considering of going on meds or are on meds, really need to research natural methods first...I had almost every label in the book as well as drug addiction, and I turned it all around by seeing a naturopath, and doing cleanses that took care of candida/parasites/heavy metals.....A good multi vitamin, digstive enzymes, probiotics,liver support....cutting out gluten, dairy and sugar.....I know it sounds silly, but really it works! Anyone considering meds or on meds, go research candida and parasites and heavy metals....Cleansing all those things out can make a huge difference, in combo with the food changes and supplements....If you research all these things and experiment or see a naturopath, you will learn like I did, that most things can be turned around naturally. It takes a lot of education, and persistance...but it is worth it for your health!
  13. iracund

iracund Antiquities Friend

hey RT

this thread wasn't created to discuss better living through chemistry versus better living through naturopathic medicine.

:yuk: self righteousness pisses me right the fuck off.
  14. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Great site :)

Thanks for posting the link :D
  15. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

:laugh: crazymeds?

Anyway, go to It has an interaction checker and everything to see what you should and shouldn't mix.
  16. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

wow and interaction checker! Didn't notice that there...very useful :D

Thanks spencer!
  17. sinnssykdom

sinnssykdom Banned Member

hehe ya my faves are and
  18. SeekingEvenKeel

SeekingEvenKeel New Member

Wow, I'm amazed at the number of sites with this kind of information!
  19. ThisToWillPass

ThisToWillPass New Member

Dose anyone know if there is away to get meds and help with out your family knowing?