Medication Free :D

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by mixedemotions, Mar 16, 2009.

1. mixedemotions

mixedemotions Forum Buddy

So I had an appointment with my pysc today and after being on anti-depressants for 16 months and my moods going from brilliant to so low i'm sucidual, we decided together that maybe a break of medication was in order.

So I have a month free med trile and I cant bloody wait to be honest!

I have been wanting to come off my anti-depressants for so long now that today has come as a great releaf for me :biggrin:

My depression is always at its worse between Novemeber to March time, so if my mind does any thing like it has for the past 4 years I should soon be feeling better hopefully it will be the same, being med free.
    I hope it is even better.

I'm so proud of my sel for getting this far. I just want others to know that it can be done!

Although I'm excited to see how things go for this month, I'm still pretty scared incase things just go terribly strong.

So I'm asking all members to wish me luck please lol

And before any one tries to come off medication by them selves.... please don't it can just make things worse. Always do it the right way. PLEASE

Thanks for all your support :smile:

x x
  2. Beautiful Disaster

Beautiful Disaster Forum Buddy SF Supporter

im soo soo happy to hear that!

3. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Nice one Jane, hope it all goes well for you. I wasn't on meds for that long as I couldn't cope with how they were making me feel. Felt a lot better without them. Best wishes, Simon.:smile:
  4. mixedemotions

Thanks Simon.
    I was on Citalopram for 15months and then Mirtazapine for one month. The Maz made me feel really strange, I didnt like it at all.

I didn't feel realy, almost numb... i had no emotion.

I'm soo lucking forward to being Med free :D
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2009
  5. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Best of luck honey.

:hug: xx
  6. HOW

HOW Well-Known Member

Good luck, keep up updated.

7. mixedemotions

So... I usually take my medication on a night time... and last night was the first i aint took it..

So far so good... apart from having a dodgy dream and being a bit moody.
    I'm blaming the moodines on boredom though... so I'm all good or now :D
  8. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

You've already made a big achievement, so there's no doubt in my mind you can keep it going! You'll do great! Best wishes!
  9. mixedemotions

Update- Day 2 without Medication
    One word.. WOOP!

..........mood swings........
  10. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Glad it's going well. Keep us updated. Best wishes.
  11. mixedemotions

The people who know I have been taken off my medication in 'real' life are really beginning to do my head in...
    they keep asking if I am ok, if I'm feeling depressed or suicidal and such things...As though my mood is going to change that fast suddenly. I understand i have mood swings.. but it isnt gonna get to that stage that last. I hope it doesn't get to that stage. I really hope it doesnt :|
    Meh- just wish they understood.
  12. mixedemotions

It's been a week. A Very eventful week.

My mood has gone up and down so much that I feel as though I'm on my very own Rollercoaster of Emotion.

So... things aint too good... Like things are pretty bad to be honest. So bad that I harmed last night... and it had been almost 7 weeks since the last.
    So yeah.. I feel like total shit.... and thing was I didn't get to finish the harming...

I usually plan things out, so I dont go to far and cause any serious damage...
    I feel Like a Total Failure.. and I dont know why but my urges were telling to carve it into my skin.
    I'm so stupid...

I cut the skin and managed to write 'FAIL'... then Josh came upstairs into our room... and obviously I stopped.... Didnt want him to see me doing that. Its bad enough knowing I do.. never mind seeing it.

So I didnt even get to finish the job and now I just feel worse for it. I still wanna cut so much. My mood is very low. and No matter what I do I cant seem to pick it up..

I aint really suffered from an Withdrawl... which I'm surprised about... all I've had is really bad stomach pains. But I can cope with that.

One good thing has come from coming off my meds... I sex drive is back lol... which isnt always a good thing, due to the sex addiction but... Atleast I have some thing that kinda makes me feel some what better about my self. Mhmm its hard to explain, but whilst I was on the Mirtazapine my sex drive went really low... like so low that some points I couldnt even be bothered. it was asthough I body knew I was missing it, btu my mind was telling me not to. Strange really. My body and mind werent working together... But now they are so I have a little bit of good out of all of this :)
  13. mixedemotions

I really think.....

......that coming off my meds.......

.......................wasn't the best decision....................
  14. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

update please, how are you going?
  15. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

I hope you will feel better soon!
  16. Jack Rabbit

Jack Rabbit Well-Known Member

I can still remember coming off anti-depressants. It was the best move of my life. There are other classes of drugs that might help, if you need it, however. After I detoxed from the antidepressants, my shrink put me on mood stabilizers. It (lamotrigine) was not nearly as bad - in fact, the only downside was the expense :LOL:
    Anyway, good luck