Medication = Not working

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by pither, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pither

pither Well-Known Member

I'm stuck again-
    I just can't make it all work for me. I've been given a second chance and I'm blowing it. I'm watching it pass me by like I did last time-

I'm back on medication, I'm looking into therapy, but I still feel the same way I did before I dealt with my problems. I still feel uninterested. I feel like it doesn't matter. I feel like nothing matters-

I'm not handing in work for school, but I don't care. I sit and watch as my grades plummet.

I'm calling off of work a day a week even knowing what a blessing it is to have a job at my age right now. But I don't care about losing my job while I lay in bed staring at the ceiling.

I don't care that I still don't have my drivers permit. I don't care that I'm hurting my mom by not trying my best to recover. I don't care that my life is passing me by. I just want to lay in bed or lay on the couch. I could care less if the world suddenly ends. I just want to do nothing- I'm tired, I'm always, always tired. I want to close my eyes and fall asleep, but I can't because my mind won't let me anymore.

So I just lay here and think about nothing and everything-

What more can I do? I want to start living, I want to wake up in the morning smiling and ready to get stuff done. I want to have a winning attitude- but I just can't. It's not in me. The fire I once had is gone. The MEANING is gone.

2. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

What med/s are you on...? Some usually take 3-6months to actually take effect... so chill.
  3. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Hi Em,

How long have you been on your meds for? Like Angelo said they take a while to work but there should be some improvement in your mood after a few weeks, if not it's worth going back to your dr & asking them to try you on another med. It's trial & error till you find one that suits you.

It's good that you're looking into therapy too, meds & therapy is meant to be a very effective treatment in lots of cases.

:hug: Claire xx
  4. SpencerA

SpencerA Well-Known Member

i know it's cliche but you have to help yourself as well, you have to want to get better, or medication is nothing. what i found was my meds put me in a better position to become stronger in myself and be able to deal with my emotions without everything seeming so unbearable. make sure you keep taking your meds regularly and things wil hopefully start looking up xx
  5. pither

pither Well-Known Member

I'm taking Zoloft. It's worked for my dad for years and the other meds I've tried didn't do anything or made it ten times worse. I've been taking them for about 2 months now and I have a check up with my doctor next week so I was going to talk to her about it then-

I do want to help myself, I mean It's not like I want to fail at everything. I've been making an effort, a fucking huge one. I hate failing, I'm the oldest of five and you can't know how it feels to be the biggest disappointment and be the oldest of that many. I want to be in a good position for once and I've been working my ass off to get there. It's just become a bumpier ride than I had anticipated. I knew it would be tough, but I had hoped it wouldn't take this long to click-

6. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

you should get your drivers permit, it really makes life a whole lot different. opens opportunities and since im new to it as well, it is pretty trippy and fun to drive. also it gives you a sense of somethingness.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.