Medication Situation..uggh

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by ThoseEmptyWalls, Apr 22, 2008.

1. ThoseEmptyWalls

ThoseEmptyWalls Well-Known Member

So, I stopped taking the latest medication I was put on. I kept passing out when I would get the least bit warm. I was on another before that and broke out in this horribly itchy and red rash.. The one before that killed my sex drive (lack of sex is a big reason Im so depressed at times). The one before that, heck I cant remember.. The one before that worked great but stopped working and I was at the max dose... Before that I was off meds for two years (well only taking as needed medication and not a daily pill). All the meds either: break me out in a rash, make me loose what little sex drive I have, make me so ill that I throw up every few minutes, keep me asleeping 20 plus hours a day, wont let me sleep at all, and when I do sleep I wake up screaming... Not to mention those other side effects like weight gain (im too fat as it is :( I dont want to get even bigger)... Nothing works well on me for long and 99% of the medication (only one I have tried didnt make me ill) cause me very horrible side effects.. Also I get no help from therapy.. Anyone have any advice on effective treatment?

2. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

3. ThoseEmptyWalls

(I hope a get some replies soon)... Im worried 'they' are going to try and force me into taking some sort of medication..The 'good' thing is that most doctors will let you pick the medication you want (you can tell them ones you like based on your own research and they will go over them with you then add some of their recomendations and let you pick) so I could use some advice from others.. What drugs works well for you? Which had the least or the most tolerable side effects? Im bipolar with pshycosis by the diagnosis anyways..

4. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

did you check out the wrap plan? she also wrote 'the depression workbook' (includes bipolar in the book too)... i really, really recommend the book.

5. ThoseEmptyWalls

I remember looking at it but of course I cant remember any of the details....