Medication

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by cvb2377, Aug 24, 2016.

1. cvb2377

cvb2377 Well-Known Member

i feel like I NEED my medication, like if Im a couple hours late of it then I'll go crazy. It's like I'm a drug addict and I need my fix. It's just barely keeping me sane and I just got it regulated!

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Are you addicted to any of your medication? Or you just like having them there because it helps you feel safer? Hope you got your medicine sorted out :)

3. cvb2377

cvb2377 Well-Known Member

None of my medicine is addictive, I just feel like it's barely keeping me together most days or when the tiniest bit of anxiety or depression slips through I can't wait to take more. I never over use any of my medicine just in case your wondering but it's just how I feel a lot of the time

4. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

It sounds like a form of anxiety, but while I am sad it bothers you if it helps you keep your med compliance right in the long run it may be of some benefit. Just remember medication works only when taken as prescribed to maintain the appropriate levels and giving in and taking it early will just mean more issues between the next dose or worse yet at end of month when there are days left and no meds left. Give yourself credit for keeping yourself sane as well- while meds can help ultimately it is you that makes the decisions that help you, and you deserve credit for choosing medications and proper usage to to make sure you are doing all you can.