Meditation or Hypnosis?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by yous, Jun 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yous

yous Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried Meditating - thinking positive by closing your eyes and visualizing yourself in a positive life (basically lying to yourself) to get yourself out of depression?

If so, has it helped them. And if it did, how long did it take.

2. letmego3

letmego3 Well-Known Member

I have tried meditating before but have stopped because it is a bit too much for me. Meditation has not neccessarily reduced my depression (or though I have not been doing it long enough) it does clear away my thoughts and feelings that may have accumilated during the day so I often did it for about 20 minutes in the evening sometimes in the morning too. I have also found out that thinking about anything (including positive thoughts) did nothing after I stopped meditating but only for the time I was actually meditating. It just made me happy, relaxed and very focused afterwards. I found out that meditating for about 30 minutes each morning was enough for me to achieve the 'grounding feeling' I needed to go on in the day. For me it was helpful and I recommend it to anyone as it is a great tool to enhance your spiritual development. I have also read that hypnosis is quite good as well to reduce anxiety and depression. The bottom line is that you might as well try it because you have nothing to lose but alot to gain if it works. Good luck :smile-new:

3. PJLane

PJLane Well-Known Member

theres different types of meditation and not all of them involve positive thinking. i used to practice vipassana meditation which is where you focus more on your breath and the feeling of your body, the physical sensations. i found it very helpful and do recommend it. for me as my depressions worsened ive found that meditation can make it worse - with silence theres nothing to distract me from things in my mind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.