meds and doctors

Status
Not open for further replies.

hornbeam

ok i was wondering if people in the uk are mostly under NHS doctors and if they have to pay for their prescriptions and if you think that a private doctor who you have to pay will more readily give you medication and diagnosis.

My most recent doctor who I been with for 2 years will prescribe meds for ocd for me no problem but I mentioned (well someone did mention) that my moods go up and down- which is common and doesnt mean bipolar. do you think if i paid for treatment i would get a diagnosis of bipolar and medecine effective for it- or do what i always done and just get on with it. sorry its so long.

I'd like to think that an NHS doctor will arrive at the same diagnosis as a private doctor but maybe I'm naive. I guess you must get better care privately tho or people wouldnt do it but I've never been in the privalidged position to get private care. Be a good experiment for someone who could afford it tho.

Tealc

Banned Member
i just went back to my GP about my depression, i mentioned Bipolar and i was reffered to the local mental health dept.

within a week i was put on better meds by my gp and i have had my first assessment and now waiting to see a shrink, so i doubt going private will do anything more than cost you more.

go back and ask about Bipolar, you have nothing to lose by asking outright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00