Meds - Forgetting

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by brknsilence, Apr 3, 2016.

1. brknsilence

brknsilence Well-Known Member

Realized that I forgot to take my meds yesterday. Took it this morning. Everything towards the end of the day was crashing down on me emotionally. I started getting suicidal thoughts again. Better today. I just got to remember to take my meds on time.

Fading_Awayy likes this.
  2. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

I'm sorry, I know it can be frustrating when you forget things, and especially such important things.

Could you add taking your meds to another routine you do every day at the same time perhaps? I have to do that sometimes to remember

brknsilence likes this.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

*hugs* I forgot to take my diabetes tablet last night, im sure one dose won't matter, but keep them out near you or write a note on the fridge to remember to take them or write on your hand. Glad you are feeling some bit better today.

brknsilence likes this.
  4. Yoko Odinhart

Yoko Odinhart Well-Known Member

I set an alarm on my phone to remind me to take my meds. It helps.

brknsilence likes this.
  5. brknsilence

I have the reminder app on my phone that goes off everyday at a certain time. I get busy and when it pops up, I dismiss it and end up forgetting. I just need to just drop everything and just take the meds and not dismiss it like that. Just need to do better on it.

6. Yoko Odinhart

Yoko Odinhart Well-Known Member

You could try to set a time for when you know you won't be so busy. Or bring them with you. Might seem like a pain to carry them around, but it's better than forgetting them.

brknsilence likes this.
  7. brknsilence

Will try