meds making it worse....

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by witchy, Sep 4, 2007.

1. witchy

witchy Member

I am on prozac right now and I find it is making me even more depressed then before so I am waiting for my Dr. to figure out a new med to put me on I was wondering if there are any suggestions
  2. reefer madness

reefer madness Account Closed

Prozac made me more suicidal. 3 years later I'm still trying to find a med that works for me.
  3. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

first off i want to :welcome: you to the forum here. i hope you find it as beneficial as i have. share as you feel like.

as far as medication is concerned i have been on all kinds of meds and few of them have worked, and when they have it's always been short lived. this is why i am doing ECT (electroconvulsive therapy) now. ECT has been the most helpful. but as far as meds are concerned however, i found that celexa was the most helpful one i had tried. i'm still on it in addition to the treatments. this is just my little old opinion. i hope you find the one that works for you. i should add that not all people experience they same difficulty i have with meds. for most people meds are a success and i hope the same will hold true for you.

please take care
  4. witchy

witchy Member

Thank you both for the replies and thank you for the welcome to the boreds! I know that the meds won't cure this but I just need some help and the prozac is doing the same thing to me making me feel even more like I just can't go on anymore. So far the forum here has helped and it is nice to find a place I can fit in and know I am not alone!
  5. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

good i'm glad to hear you feel like you can take some refuge here. it really is a great place to be. i know sometimes meds can just make things worse, but please just hang in there and give it another go. you'll find one that works for you. take care
  6. witchy

witchy Member

Keep fingures crossed they put me on zoloft now they wanted to up my dose of prozac and I really didn't like that idea so they switched me
  7. Vitreledonellidae

Vitreledonellidae Well-Known Member

meds rarely work right away, at least thats what they said to me, can be weeks, can be months >.< and they might not work, but i find it really hard to judge for myself if they work or not
  8. im on prozac, iv tried 5 ssris; what i want is nardil or valium i want to zone out and not feel anymore!!!!!!!!! the prozac is meant to give you perspective, obviously you need to be discussin y u feel depressed in the first place but the serotonin is supposed to make you feel you can get up and do normal things.