MEds!!!! need help!

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by Victori@, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Victori@

Victori@ Well-Known Member

so .... I have been on

celexa
    cipralex
    effexor
    zoloft
    wellbutrin
    paxil

none of these medications are sitting well with me!! Im on Paxil right now, only 10 mg and It just feels like to much!! 5 isn't enough errrmmm!! the doctor said if this doesn't work they were going to try one more

cymbalta???

any ideas!!!!

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Prozac will probably be the next. Have you tried any sedative such as valium, xanax or klonopin? They are the best but only work short term.

3. Victori@

i have tried Lorazapam when I was in the hostpital. The doctors wont give me it though!

4. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

And for good reason. For GOD'S sake don't get stated on those. Valium. Xanax. Klonopin. Ativan (your lorazepam).

^Those are all benzodiazepines, very addictive, and NOT indicated for MPD.

5. Victori@

yeah I know!!! that's why I don't want them!!!

Not good pills those are!!

6. Petal

IMO they are amazing pills, when I feel suicidal they make me really happy...I suppose they must only truly work on those who are suicidal.

7. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

What? They make you happy because they're benzodiazepines, they're used to slow down the central nervous system which winds up reducing anxiety, insomnia, etc. They don't prescribe them because they're ridiculously addictive, and they don't only 'truly work' on suicidal people. She said they weren't good pills because they're so addictive, and that's why she doesn't want them.

And that's exactly why they aren't generally prescribed. Because they only work short term which makes people take more and more of them, and that's how they get addicted.

And Victori@, ask your doctor about increasing your dosage on the Paxil. How long have you been on it, by the way? Because ALL of the anti-depressants take weeks to start working. I myself have been on Wellbutrin for about 6 months and I'm only just now starting to feel my mood lift in general. You have to give them time. :hug: Good luck.

8. Petal

Deleted...because I dont want to start an argument.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2008
  9. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Please note this is NOT directed only to Daisy, but thanks, BFS for informing people of that.

BZDs do not affect mood, as in "make you happy" unless perhaps you're a virgin to them and pop a couple of Xanax bars. lol People will be amazed at the potency and may interpret the super calm feeling as a buzz--but they increase GABA A neurotransmitters activiting only--not dompamine (a true euphoria inducer for instance).

They are insanely addicitve and properly prescribed for no more than 5 to 7 days TOPS.

Trust me because I KNOW. Don't go there. Please.

- JOHN -

10. Petal

Thanks for that helpful information :)
    I took xanax for about 4 months everyday. It made me super calm about everything, the calmness lasts for hours. I can't get my doc to prescribe it again, she took it off me because I was addicted to it. I'm going to try cannabis soon, to see what that does :)

11. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

:unsure: Well there you go I guess.

Good look with the smoke. I hope you're not young... I doubly hope you're not a cigarette smoker. Maijuana has about one third more insoluble particulate matter (tar) and estimates of a 50% more or carcinogenic risk. Cigarette smoking and maijuana smoking togther pose a pretty nasty risk--smokers as young as their forties often begin to exhibit black lung--that is, a perisistent coughing of black phlegm.

This is just FYI, ok? I'm not 'judging' you.

- JOHN -

12. Victori@

I know the doctors want to up my dose, But my body just can't handle it. Thats why I have been on so many different kinds. Im only on 10mg right now and it still feels like TOO MUCH. Well that is what my body is telling me. I have only been on this medication for about 2 weeks now, The full dose for about 4 days. I was on celexa when I was younger for about a year and had to come off them. they made things worse!! I couldn't stay awake for more than an hour!

13. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Hi Victoria,

10 mg of what?

14. Petal

Thank you tohelp , Btw I am a cigarette smoker. lol! Thanks for the helpful info, I appreciate it x

15. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Yes, but please--10 mg of what?

16. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

She has said that she's on Paxil.

17. Victori@

yes!! 10mg's of Paxil

18. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Ok. Ten milligrams paroxetine even as a starting dose is half what we usually use. If your body's not liking it hon you have to either speak UP or simply change healthcare providers to one who will listen to you and take you seriously.

- JOHN -