Meds

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by Ljt, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Ljt

Ljt Well-Known Member

Stopped taking my medication around 2 months ago. Went to the doctors and that's me back on my meds again. Setralune. Same as before. Didn't work last time so I don't think I will work now. Do you think I will get the side effects all over again?

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there, I am an sertaline at the highest dose (200) along with many other meds. It wasn't working for me alone (in those type of meds) so she recommended I go on the maximum dose of lexapro along with it (20mg). I have felt great results from the mixture, my anxiety is still there but has reduced a lot overall.

A benzodiazepine might help you too, maybe ask the doctor about that, they work rapidly too but are very addictive so as needed would be the best. They don't like to prescribe benzos before trying the anti depessant route. As for getting side effects all over again, I'd say probably. Try and start on a low dose to avoid the horrible side effects.

Good luck to you.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

how long have you been back on the medication?

4. Ljt

Ljt Well-Known Member

Hi thanks for your advice. It has been 2 days I have been on them. I stopped taking them 2 months ago and I think it was around 6 months I was on them before. Was citalopram I was on before that. I hated the side effects of them.

5. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Give it time to kick in. It will more likely do as it was only 2 months gap. Good luck

6. Ljt

Ljt Well-Known Member

No obvious side effects yet which is good