Meds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banned Member
human connection = best med

the last person i knew who was seriously suicidal, was put on antidepressant medication. He said it made it easier for him to focus on taking care of everything he needed to do to complete the job...and it did, and he did. :sad:

loser

Meds may help in some cases. Exercise, sensible diet, and friendly contacts are important.
Go out for walks -get outside at least half an hour a day especially in winter.

I swim 3 times a week, run 2-3 times a week, cycle to work everyday, I connect with people everyday, I eat ok most days.
I choose not to tell them my problems as they would just think I'm stupid.
I told the Dr I was not depressed and did not want meds, she gave me ametriptaline to help me get to sleep.

loser

You have contact with people but not much communication.
You have been given meds but you do need to talk to your doctor.
Perhaps it might be possible to have group therapy.
Your exercise regime sounds excellent.

IV2010

all meds work differently on different people.....just got to try them and see...and keep in contact with the doctor at any time there's a problem..take care

Daijou

I once knew a girl who must've been depressed at one point, because the doctor prescribed her some antidepressants. After taking them for a while, she said how she was starting to feel things she had forgotten how to feel and was always more upbeat and cheerful. I don't know if she ever had any suicidal thoughts, but there was a major difference in the way she was after she started taking them. I'd maybe suggest trying what the doctor says might help. Antidepressants sound like they make a noticeable change, or at least in some people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00