Meg Roberts

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by JBird, Sep 27, 2008.

1. JBird

JBird Well-Known Member

Meg Roberts used to look after me ages ago, when i was still with my parents. She used to run a project at St Faiths church that the social workers put me into while i was in and out of care when i was young. She's one of those people that wen your young you only remember because they genuinly cared and put every effort they could into making your life easier. She lived around near my nan lives, she knew everyone and i would always see her about shopping but was always too shy to say hi and that. My nan gave me the Christchurch Link which is basically the church monthly booklet thing. It has this in it.

Meg Roberts
    1921-2008

Margaret Winifred Emily Roberts was born to Methodist parents in Tottenham and throughout her life she served the Methodist church in different ways and many places. Following her marriage to Bernard, a young minister, she became part of the itinerant system - circuits in Canterbury, Dartford, Nigeria, Hastings, Bristo, Islington, Dalston, Paddington and Brixton all benefited from her gifts and then, for mot of the 20 years after Bernards retirement, Woolgrove Road, Hitchin, was er home and St Faith's and Christchurch her churches. Elmside MHA was, all too briefly, her last dwelling and she died in the Lister on 7 June.

In his address at the service of tanksgiving in Christchurch John Richardson of St Marks, a friend for over 40 years, described er as someone wo lived life at a great pace and he suggested three words to describe her:

Talented. She trained in voice and piano at te Royal Academy of Music and had a lovely singing voice. Her great gift however was to help others sing. Everywhere she went, from tropical Africa to Holloway prison to Elmside, she founded or led a choir, many still continuing today. She also had a great talent for gardening, creating beauty wherever she went.

Compassionate. She has a great love for the disadvantaged, and her life was marked with involvement in projects for needy families, girls at risk, single mums, the elderly, people with Alzheimers (sadly including Bernard) and the world's hungry. She also loved animals and had a range of pets, most recently dogs called Muffin 1, 2 and 3.

Faithful. She was loyal - to Bernard, to her children Rachel, Francis and Tracey, to her church, to her political values (well left of centre). And she was full of faith - a warm-hearted faith in her Lord expressed through deep love and radical discipleship.

Meg was small in stature but mighty in personality! We thank God for her.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2008
  2. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

I'm sorry for your loss hun :sad: i'm here if you wanna talk to me about it.

3. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Sorry for your loss. But you we very fortunate to have known and had a chance to have in you life, such a wonderful person. Please remember the good qualities and memories to help you grieve this loss.

4. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

Beaky
    I'm so sorry for your loss. She seems like she was someone worthy of all the love and all the praise you are giving her. If you need to talk you know where to find me honey.
    Kellz

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I am so sorry for your loss.I am here if you need to talk. :hug:

6. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

beaks :sad: I'm sorry for the loss, you know where I am if you want to talk, okay :hug: