Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by flowers, Jun 20, 2009.

1. flowers

flowers Senior Member

2 1/2 weeks ago I got a call from my brother (who never calls me) to say that his daughter, Meg, was in a car accident. The words he said next were words one never wants to hear a father have to say. He said "she died". I listened until he finished talking. I asked him if there was anything i could do for him. He said "yes, bring my daughter back to me"

I have spoken with him only once since. when he asked me not to call him. Neither of my siblings talk to me. So trying to support him is futile.

However I was able to help his child. I contacted a woman I know who helps people to cross over. She worked with Meg (for free) for about a week, until she was doing just fine. when she first found Meg she was "confused and disoriented". Of course this is not what happens for all who die. But it was true for Meg.

Some may not agree with what I did, or what the woman said. But this is my spiritual beliefs.

anyway, while i grieve about Megs passing, I know she is doing fine now. I just do worry about my brother and his wife. Thanks for reading this, truthfully my heart is very sad about it. Very sad indeed. Blessings
  2. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

flowers :hug: i am so very sorry to hear that sad news. if there is anything i can do in terms of listening please do let me know. my heart goes out to you and your family :hug:
  3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am so sorry to hear about your neice's passing. The loss of life when that young is very difficult on the survivors. I am glad you were able to find peace with the beliefs you have. I will keep you and Megs friends and family in my thoughts. :hug:
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm so sorry for your loss :( :hug:

R.I.P Meg x
  5. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Thank you for the kind replys. I lost track of time. I googled the death notice and she died not 2 1/2 weeks ago. But on May 17th. Sadly she was new to Albuquerque. And she had no ID on her. So she was unidentified for 4 days. My brother did not find out until thursday that she died on Monday. I suspect that would be a horror for any father to find out that his daughter had been unidentified for 4 days. Breaks my heart that tomorrow is fathers day. But he has a wonderful strong son who lives near him. And a devoted strong wife (who is grieving also as she was her step mother) I have been blessed with many loving people who always keep candles lit for her at another website that I have been an active member of for some time now. And your kind words go a very long way.
  6. brokenheart

brokenheart Member

I know how he feels. There is something truly devastating about burying those that were supposed to bury you. Its been about 8 months now since my daughter was killed and the pain has not lessened in the least. I have alienated myself from everyone and the hurt just keeps getting more and more. I am now at the point where I want some support, I just have no one there to help me.

The time may come when he will reach out and the signs may not be clear. Look for them and be there and maybe he won't end up on this forum or worse. It seems like you genuinely want to help. You seem kind.

I hope he recovers. It is not easy.
  7. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Oh Brokenheart
    I am so very deeply sorry that you are a member of the most dreaded club a parent ever has the misfortune to become a member of. So deeply sorry. With blessings to you
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2009
  8. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Also I want to say that I am very glad you found this place. Talking, reaching out is the beginning of not carrying it all alone. Isolation is a natural tendency to be sure. But it can be so harmful, as I think you know. So I am glad you found us here.

Also is there a berevement group where you live? I do not know what country you live in. But perhaps you could ask someone to help you find a berevement group. Everyone there will sadly know full well what this suffering feels like.

Please know that I am here. To help in any way I can. blessings to you, flower