Mega-molester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little_me

i agree with you, there is just one thing..
in the US you might find those heavy 'let-them-suffer'-prisons but what about
europe ? i am a dutch national and i believe prison system will not be to much different between
sweden and where i live. here prison is maybe living in a small room but they still enjoy many benefits like tv sport biljart etc.hows that for suffer :dunno:
Sweden's prisons is like 5-star hotels compared to those in the US. They have gyms, they can play pool, video games, read newspapers, and in many cases they are even allowed access to internet. Sometimes homeless people commit minor crimes just to survive the winter... Gosh, it's so weird.

nagisa

Staff Alumni
I'm not for the Death Penalty for anyone, even if I do wish they were dead. It's not right. I don't think anyone has the right to take someone else's life, no matter how disgusting they have behaved. I think they should be put in prison for at least 20 years, depending on exactly what the crime was. But even then... Ugh, idk... thinking about those people who get life in prison or the death penalty for something they weren't guilty of makes me rethink that. IDK! I would have to know all the detail of the possible crime to come a decision, but assuming they are guilty, i think at least 20 years in prison with lots of therapy, and then maybe consider them for parole. Depends on how they've done in prison. And of course if they do get out, not let them reside around schools or places where children gather. Idk... it's such a hard subject to truly understand. Yes, it might be easier to kill them so they wont hurt anyone else, but just because it's easier, doesn't make it right, nor does it solve the problem.

itmahanh

Senior Member & Antiquities Friend
By the way. The justice system is generalized. It's so blunt without scope or depth to the indiviudal situations we get abused by the "justice" they hand out, as you pointed out with insulting sentences. .
Could you clarify what you find as insulting in my words about the justice system? I have reread it several times and really dont see where I turned anything personally towards you that you should find insulting.

Just as a point though I do find it rather insulting that you use the term we so freely when you talk about the offenders and how they are released back into the communities etc. We dont do those things. The justice system and the politicians that have final say over the laws that society has to abide by do those things... not we. When was the first or last time you had any say in what the judicial system says or does? The courts and lawyers return these offenders back to the streets, not we. The politicians allow for the lack of power and correction that serving a sentence should have for the offender. We scream at the top of our lungs pleading for changes to those very laws and go unheard.

We agree on everything I believe, except you are willing to kill. I am not. That's the great thing about life, every possibility will be hit by someone.
I can accept that, we agree to disagree. Looking forward to more debates in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

Axiom

Account Closed
Could you clarify what you find as insulting in my words about the justice system? I have reread it several times and really dont see where I turned anything personally towards you that you should find insulting.

Yeah sure. And just to clarify, I wasn't commenting from a personal attack stance, but from a point where I feel the justice system has failed and where you and I have some common understanding.
And they keep being given the opportunity to repeat their disgusting immoral actions.
Uhh.... nope pretty sure a gun to the head would be completely effect and they couldnt fake their way through that like they do rehabilitation.
We cant rely on the justice system or politicians to "help" these individuals. They have proven over and over that their "methods" do not protect the innocent and only abet the offenders.
Or the young offender that raped and killed a teeny baby!!!!!!! He got virtually a slap on the wrist because he was a minor. The baby is dead, the family is devasted and he walks the streets. Oh yeah that just reeks of justice and him being on the road to being a functional part of society.

-----------------------------------

Just as a point though I do find it rather insulting that you use the term we so freely when you talk about the offenders and how they are released back into the communities etc. We dont do those things. The justice system and the politicians that have final say over the laws that society has to abide by do those things... not we. When was the first or last time you had any say in what the judicial system says or does? The courts and lawyers return these offenders back to the streets, not we. The politicians allow for the lack of power and correction that serving a sentence should have for the offender. We scream at the top of our lungs pleading for changes to those very laws and go unheard.
Ah I can understand that. I really associate the actions of my country with my own, because I am actually very proud of my country. It's no where near what I want it to be, but its potential is amazing for open mindedness and true human growth as far as a society goes. I find the general principles are of Canada are very close to my own, and I agree with many. By we I do mean the people, and I do believe, maybe foolishly that the people do control our government. If we truly chose to, and opposed something they concluded with, we, as the people would stand opposed to it. Granted my faith has been a bit shaken, but it's still there. I meant no disrespect to you by stating we.

I do believe we scream. But we scream chaos at corruption which doesn't work. If we screamed logical sense that didn't just suit the individual issue, but was a moral/ethical/philosophical concept that could be applied for many more instances, and would add to the foundation of who and what we are as a species, then we would be heard and things would change. No society of freedom can ignore a concept that doesn't bite itself in the ass. But we scream chaos and emotion at an singular event all the time. It just plays on deaf ears, even though in our hearts we know we are right. I just don't think we understand enough about these situations to know how to truly deal with them.

:) Defiantly looking to more debates too

itmahanh

Senior Member & Antiquities Friend
Blake just a personal observation... you're still quite young arent you. Ahh the visions of youth and the agonies of age meet on these pages :lol:

It's my weak attempt at humor :lol: But thanks for giving this old mind some things to think about and question.

Axiom

Account Closed
oh i know, i think im like 18 in my brain still :) Pisses alot of people off, but id rather stay like this than fall victim to this progressive steam roller mentality that we can't do anything. Donno, it's a spark I love to see in other people too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00