MEGA POST on tips on how to fight back and control your mind

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by jamie20m, Nov 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamie20m

jamie20m Well-Known Member

Since a lot of peeps on here are struggling and such i was wondering if you lot had any tips on how to resist the urge?

If you could all be kind and post away it would be greatly appreciated.

I will start off with what i know.

1).Appreciate the little things

2).Get things in persepective

If we could all make a GIANT list that would be great. Cause i need new/crazy/different ideas to think to while resisting the urge to also go on killing sprees?!

2. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

3) Remember that killing sprees land you in prison and very bad things can happen in prison.

3. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

Not if you kill yourself after.

You should take frustration out on yourself before others tough. What if somebody comes along and kills somebody you hold dear to, e.g. parents, girlfriend, best friend sister because of their own problems and failures. You would probably break down and think of them as a sad fool.

4. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

4) Be aware that a suicidal action will severely damage the lives of people around you, people that don't deserve that sort of treatment.

5) Be aware that in most cases, things get better, if you give it time and effort. This includes both your feelings and your situation. You aren't a lost cause because you are thinking of or wanting to kill yourself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.