Meh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever have those times where you just feel off and have no idea how better to explain it other than "meh"? I don't really know how to explain it or what the word "meh" truly means but it's all that I can come up with to describe how I feel today. It's not a feeling of depression, general sadness, anger, or any other emotion I can specifically describe. This isn't saying much as I'm not a very good writer or very good with words in general. My mind usually goes too quickly for me to speak eloquently.

I know I'll snap out of this. I normally do after a day or so. I just try to keep myself busy with random tasks... chores, errands, even going to work on my day off (as this meh feeling usually happens on my days off)... etc. Anything to just keep myself moving and keep my mind from wandering. If I left my mind wander too much.. if I give it too much down time I go from meh to just plain blah. (like I said, fantastic with words, I truly know how to paint a picture) So basically I just keep busy for the day of meh-ness... try to sleep and wake up to a new day and usually the new day is a better one.

To quote "Every day above ground is a good day"..... While some days that can be really hard to believe, and I'm sure I'm in the right place for anyone to understand the fact that the idea of believing that quote, or any of the similar quotes for that matter, is really difficult sometimes, or most of the time for some people, I truly try to believe it.. that every day holds opportunity for something great and at any moment things can change. While they may not always change for the better, sometimes for the absolutely horrible, but every day that goes by I feel like I'm working towards where I'm supposed to be. Every hard situation, every bad day, every tear shed, every fight, every thing is an obstacle, a challenge to make me stronger and to put me on track or on the road to where I am destined to end up eventually. Maybe that's naive... or stupid. And who knows if anyone will even read this. But I'm trying to just kinda vent and ramble to keep myself distracted for a bit.. let out some word vomit and try to beat this meh feeling down.... and just keep moving forward.

Guess that's all we can do, right? Just keep swimming.. (thanks Dory)

Anyways, if you did read this. I appreciate it. Thanks for taking time to read my terrible ramble! :wink-new:

Bloop

River Lea by Adele
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hey Jessy,

Just letting you know I read this and your writing makes more than enough sense for me. I hope the meh-ness has passed for you today and you didn't go from meh to plain blah!

Every hard situation, every bad day, every tear shed, every fight, every thing is an obstacle, a challenge to make me stronger and to put me on track or on the road to where I am destined to end up eventually. Maybe that's naive... or stupid. And who knows if anyone will even read this. But I'm trying to just kinda vent and ramble to keep myself distracted for a bit.. let out some word vomit and try to beat this meh feeling down.... and just keep moving forward.
It's not naive or stupid! Don't stop believing that and keep moving forward; just like dory! It's a long up hill climb but if you stay at it, eventually you are bound to reach the top. Don't need to explain yourself :) Vent, ramble, let out some word vomit - someone will be here to read what you write :hug:

Every day holds opportunity for something great and at any moment things can change.
I really like the quote you put, "Every day above ground is a good day" and I believe this ^^^ as well.

If you have some time, check out the video below. I'm sure you will like some of the quotes from it :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb9ePR_3lZQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00