Empathy Only Meh

Accio

I dislike being judgemental, really I do.

unfortunately, most of my childhood friends are "chavs" now.

They have toxic attitudes to anybody that isn't in their immediate circle.
Do they even make friends, with that attitude?

You know these youths that hang on street corners and make you feel threatened?
All the boys look like that now.

Both the females and males have the attitude, so there's no talking to them.

I should give up on old friends.

that saying...

"Leave the people in the past, there's a reason they didn't make it into your future"

Lisa the Goatgirl

She's less of an enigma now
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
It's the nature of life and friendships unfortunately. People change over time, and too often that results in both parties recognising they're not the people who became friends anymore, and that the relationship no longer works. It definitely doesn't stop it being a painful experience though. *hug10
For what it's worth, every ending really is a new beginning, and this means you're on a new chapter of your life, with new friends who are more in sync with who you are now.

Accio

It's the nature of life and friendships unfortunately. People change over time, and too often that results in both parties recognising they're not the people who became friends anymore, and that the relationship no longer works. It definitely doesn't stop it being a painful experience though. *hug10
For what it's worth, every ending really is a new beginning, and this means you're on a new chapter of your life, with new friends who are more in sync with who you are now.
I moved away when I were 14 and haven't seen many of these people since. It's been 14 years now.

if the shoe was on the other foot and it was them finding me on social media, I would be over the moon.

I totally understand that people change. Although, nobody is even interested in chatting to know if we would still be friends in adult life. They all seem to stick to the group of people they already know.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00