Meh.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by DoubleOhSnap, Sep 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DoubleOhSnap

DoubleOhSnap Member

I'm just feeling bad, and it won't go away.
    I've spoken to someone I know, but they just said "Cheer up". I mean, for fucks sake, how am I meant to cheer up? I don't even know what the hell is wrong with me. Am I just meant to be like this? Is my brain just fucked up?
    Meh, I just don't know what to do. I know I should get proper help, but I don't see why they'd care about me - even my family hates me. I hardly speak to my friends and I can't do anything I used to enjoy, I cant even find the time to enjoy video games, something I used to have a laugh with at a friends house. :( My school work is falling, with my best subject just scraping passes, I used to enjoy school and get - not the best, but - pretty good marks.
    I used to be able to drown out my thoughts with music or watching a movie, but lately not even they work.
    Not that anyone will read this, but can someone fix it?

tl;dr. I need help.

2. ODIECOM

ODIECOM Well-Known Member

well, im sure many ppl will read this. first off, yes you should seek some help. do they care about you ? if they didnt care they wouldnt be in that job.
    alot of times depression allows us to think negative about everything. soon nothing anyone can say will change the way we think.

im not sure how old you are but ... maybe its time to access the real problem and try and do something about it. many times, the reader doesnt know the full story of the " issues" so its hard to offer any advise other than talk to ppl.

talking it the best thing you can do. my shrink last year told me to talk to more ppl. sometimes what we have is situational depression. when that happens, its not the issue thats the problem, its how we handle it.

odiecom

3. DoubleOhSnap

DoubleOhSnap Member

I tried talking to a friend, but they dismissed it. I though I was close to them and I could rely on them to help. But I was wrong, as per.
    If my closest friend doesn't care, why would a stranger care? Even if it is their job...

4. ODIECOM

some close friends dont like discussing things like that. trust me i went through that already. it doesnt mean their not your friends, just many dont like talk about gloom and doom.

my friend when i attempted suicide while stayin at her house, told me she couldnt live like that. so when i got out of the physc ward i had to move.

in her case, she has always been self centered unless it was her boyfriend.

i would have been there for her ... but i digress ....

find someone, call a help line in the phone book. dont allow your call to your friend to bring you down furhter.

5. DoubleOhSnap

DoubleOhSnap Member

I'll try in the morning.. its too late just now.

6. ODIECOM

sounds good, get some sleep and maybe find something to do.

7. DoubleOhSnap

DoubleOhSnap Member

I realised today is a Sunday, so nowhere is open. If i find the time I'll try tomorrow

8. ODIECOM

i hope your sunday is a good one for you.

when we use the term .. if i find the time .. we have already decided that we probably WONT do what we need to do.

you end up letting yourself down before you even tried.
    take the day off if you have to ,,, its your life your intrested in. make it happen. good luck

odiecom

9. monnie101

monnie101 Member

You should definitely find some help, like at least a counselor/therapist because they usually don't judge and they can help you sort life out. It worked for me and I personally think everyone can do good by having a therapist to talk to. For me at first I thought it was a waste, then I tried it and found it alright, but it wasn't till I found a good one that cared to help me, now I go every 2 weeks. She helps me sort out my goals and aspirations.

If you rather have a female or a male, whichever you feel best talking to, just let them know. The thing about friends that I learned long ago, just like the previous poster said, is that they sometimes don't want to hear depressing things and others just don't understand unless they led a similar life.

Look at this piggy smiley, isn't he funny. Maybe he can help put a smile on your face :) :sadpanda:

10. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

whats making you feel depressed?

11. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I agree with the OP'S that you should seek out a therapist or counselor.. I have been in therapy for four years and she keeps me going and trys to push me to be more social..Your friends can't be relied upon to offer you the answers you seek..Most of the time they just don't understand..I hope you seek the help and don't put it off..

12. DoubleOhSnap

DoubleOhSnap Member

I thought I'd let you guys know that I've talked to someone, but its a local holiday on Monday so I'll have to wait until Tuesday to speak more

13. ODIECOM

well, thats great. a very good start and first step.

dont let yourself down. keep talking to that person.

14. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

That's just not true. Many or much more likely most psychiatrists are only in it for a power trip or the money. I have ended up in conflict with every psychiatrist I've talked with, so far. The people who become psychiatrists generally are bad people... usually in a bullyish way. The current available psychiatrist (under social security), where I live, doesn't even want to see me about extending my disability, since I won't do what she wants me to do. I don't think what she's doing even is legal but reporting her would likely be of absolutely no significance... those kind of people always back up each other... I hate them almost on default, nowadays... they are lowly, disgusting people.

Sorry you're feeling so bad. I am in your position, as well, and I'm not getting out of it. Nothing interests me, anymore... not even photography, which I'm really good with, but I keep trying to do it, now, anyway, after getting a very expensive system camera and an extra, second lens, a few months ago... I guess I have to use the equipment when it was so expensive. Actually, sex seriously interests me, but since I don't seem to ever find my true love, I probably won't ever be having it. Anyway... I'm done using your thread, now. :l This should be your thread and not mine.

15. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

Then again, maybe I should point out that therapists usually are at least polite, and sometimes very friendly. Psychologists tend to be okay, as well, but they are a bit lower down. Just avoid the psychiatrists. It was after I met a really disgusting one in 2003 that I started getting out of control with my hand washing. If only I had never shaken his hand. -_- But I felt forced to... he had been wanting to (illegally) commit me so I had to act friendly with him. :/ Fucking deranged man....

16. DoubleOhSnap

DoubleOhSnap Member

I know your trying to help, but that really didnt.

I just need to phone and arrange a date to go, I've spoken to the school counseller and he reffered me to some other people.
    I think I should just get a friend to phone on my behalf, I'm not good on the phone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.