Mel gibsons rant

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Axiom, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

So.. was random youtubing and I found this ( this can be triggering)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCRZZ7F7kbY

Ive been in arguments, but holy crap. It's actually scary. I sometimes forget just how horrible some people treat eachother. And this is even tame :S if you can call it that. Sick attitude... Dont know the story, so Im not taking any side. But damn..

2. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

I'm surprised that the media didn't take the opportunity to call this story The Melodrama. It's like they're not even trying anymore.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2010
  3. chjones21

chjones21 Well-Known Member

What I found more disturbing was some of the comments left behind. Do men really hate women that much??? That's really scary. It is almost terrifying. All those comments saying "she's a b*tch, good on ya Mel, these money-grabbing etc. etc."

I found that completely terrifying.

All these men with so much hate towards women. Is that just reflective of the internet, or the style of people who post on the internet - I really hope so. Otherwise that is extremely frightening.

4. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

I don't know... -___-
    I want the 'old' Mel back; the one who didn't talk unless he was onscreen XD

Yeah, it's scary and horrible- both what he is saying and all of the positive reinforcement he's getting online 0__o it does not make one bit of sense to me; then again... I've heard much worse things from a guy or girl who is hateful towards their ex during a bad breakup.
    ...much worse things.
    I don't understand all of the pointless hate... but I suppose that's what some people do when they're hurt.

I have a feeling that Mel has some sort of complex though.
    He needs help.

5. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member

They say he was drunk when he said that. Which may explain it. lol Seriously, Mel clearly has some issues he needs to work on.

Btw, I just read on Wiki that he claims to be a manic depressive and was contemplating suicide in his mid thirties due to despair... I never knew. Wow.

6. Edgar Roni Figaro

Edgar Roni Figaro Well-Known Member

This is clearly a set up. She was taping the whole thing so of course she is going to speak nice and calmly so that it appears like Mel Gibson is a nut. She is clearly a manipulative woman. Most men don't just go off the handle and lose it like that because they are in a bad mood. Nobody knows what happened behind the scenes before this but I'm sure since she was recording this conversation she knew he was going to be upset which means she more than likely did something to get him this angry before she recorded it.

Reminds me of my what my friend who is a police officer said. He told me when he was a rookie 10 years ago that when he would be called to a domestic abuse disturbance he would want to beat the shit out of the man for doing what he did. But then as he went to more and more of them and got to see what happened behind the scenes he found women who would flip tables and then call the police and say their husbands did it, or physically punch their husbands multiple times then when the husband finally went to defend himself they would call the police and the man -always- gets arrested no matter what actually happen. He has been to disputes where the man was the one who called the police and the way the law is set up the man still gets arrested.

I'm not denying there are men out there who beat women but there are far more manipulative, lying,, scheming women out there who take advantage of the fact that society always blames the man first and asks questions after the damage has already been done. This women is now being looked into for extortion and that tape is not admissible in court because she did it without him knowing.

She could have been flipping out on him the past 5 conversations and holding a tape recorder each time just waiting for him to flip out and he may have been perfectly reasonable on all 5 of them then when she finally trigger him she just hit record and that was that.

7. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

Mel Gibson suffers from bi-polar disorder. In the tape, if she was telling the truth, he has not been on his medications. If he has not been on medications, and is in a manic episode, he is not responsible for his delusions and behaviours. This can be quite terrifying to witness. Clearly the man needs help, and compassion, and not what his wife is giving him, as well as to be back on his medicines. On the other hand, if he's not being responsible, and taking his medication, his wife has the right to choose to find safety for herself and their child. However, he most certainly does not need what so many gawkers, fans, and media are giving him. This is a circus, and only serves to make things worse. I feel sorry for the man.

Also what Edgar said, above.

8. friendless

friendless Well-Known Member

I agree. I was going to ask if anyone knew what she did or if the recording even covers it. Like they say, "There are three sides to every story."

My husband's ex-wife was like this. She even stabbed him in the eye once. She would get extremely physically violent to the point of making him defend himself and even if he called the cops, he was always the one to go to jail.

--->Personal opinion: people are too multidimensional and complex to oversimplify labels like "Mel Gibson is a misogynistic piece of shit" or "Mel Gibson is a misunderstood hero." Even Hitler had a loving, romantic side and Gandhi had enemies. Three sides to every story: yours, mine, and the truth.

9. boo

boo Well-Known Member

What's up sugar t***. :mhmm:

I like Mel Gibson. He makes great movies. I even enjoyed What women wants...

10. johnnysays

johnnysays Well-Known Member

What about the incident where he hit her and later said she deserved it?

Like someone else said, I want the old Mel back. But maybe the old Mel never existed. He was just a character in a story.

Still, I have to agree with a lot of your points. We don't know what happened before she hit the record button and after she stopped recording. You're also right that she would be calm while recording, making him look worse. And I know that some females can really push the right buttons to make a man lose it. But hitting a women.... that's too far. A women hitting a man is different.

I think Mel has anger issues. He may also have identity issues due to his father.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2010
  11. johnnysays

johnnysays Well-Known Member

Nah, it's just obvious women are wrong most of the time. :i'm sorry:

I'm not being serious. I think guys do it for lots of reasons.

Probably not the kind of reasons you're imagining, but I'm sure that there're some sick guys out there.

Just remember one thing... this is a comment section on the internet (gasp). It's not reality (not ever I hope).

12. chjones21

chjones21 Well-Known Member

Nah, it's just obvious women are wrong most of the time.

:) Although, I heard it the opposite way... its a stupid joke based on a Zen koan (which I guess you have to know to get the joke so the koan is "If a tree falls in a forest, and there is no-one or nothing around to hear it... does it make a sound?)

This one goes:

If a man walks into a forest and speaks and there is nothing or no-one around to hear him... is he still wrong??? :)

But I think I will take it just as a reflection of virtual reality rather than actual reality. I don't think men hate women that much, at least I hope not!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.