meltdown???

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Tired and alone, Apr 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tired and alone

Tired and alone Well-Known Member

I have been away from the forum for a very long time and tonight I am feeling as if I could go either way right now. I do want to live but sometimes life is just too much. Something happened and I am not sure which way my life is going to go right now so I am going to ramble on until I start to feel better. I am trying to be positive. I was recently given "The Secret" and I started to listen to it last night and I was very moved by it and then today something pretty rotten happened and I feel myself starting to slide downhill again. I don't know if anyone that may read my ramblings, has read or listened to "The Secret" but it makes so much sense. I am not going to go outside right now and blow my brains out but I gave some thought about maybe doing it in the future if things didn't work out and I am a bit ashamed of myself for thinking of giving in. I am a nice person and I don't think that I deserve all the crap that has come my way but then again neither have any of you so what gives me the right to complain and whine?? I guess I am just trying to put things into perspective by writing them down and thinking through all the muck. I am only one of so many of us that haven't figured out life yet. I guess I will put another CD in and try and become more positive about my problems.......I have sat here for several minutes debating whether to delete this or not. It isn't like I've said anything worthwhile. So, maybe I will submit this with the question, " Has anyone read "The Secret" and what do you think???

2. Jackson

Jackson Guest

sorry, haven't read it, but sounds like you're being brave and i can certainly appreciate that

3. Tired and alone

Thank you Jackson but I am not feeling so brave right now. I am so full of anxiety that I can hardly function. I know all of the exercises that I am supposse to do to relieve anxiety but I am having trouble just calming down enough to do any of them. I can't seem to get focused. I don't know about the rest of you but being alone is sometimes scary. I used to love being alone but I guess we should watch what we wish for. Right now it is depressing.

4. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

if i'm not mistaken i've seen the movie version although boring but it still covers all the points in the book. it's a great concept dwelling on making positive things happen. putting positive in the air so to speak (ok literally).

is this what you are trying to achieve? i certainly think it's possible. may take alot of hard work even repetitive but i believe it can be extremely useful.

take care

5. Tired and alone

There was a time in my life when I practiced this. This was before anyone wrote a book that I knew of. As a child I knew that sometimes I could make things go my way but as I got older I let life and its concepts take over what I thought. I regained it for about 2 years but I married and the negativity that he brought into my life became overwhelming at times. Sometimes we stubbornly hold onto people and things even when we know that it is wrong for us. I am sooo trying to get it right without falling apart.

6. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

I Believe In You!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.