1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Member spotlight

Discussion in 'Forum News & Updates' started by Walker, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Walker

Walker Everything Zen Staff Member Safety & Support SF Social Media SF Supporter

Just curious - I was pretty into this while it lasted. Any chance of a return? Was it not popular or is it just a matter of not enough people to write?

2. Harmony2

Harmony2 Well-Known Member SF Supporter

Ahhhh I see a new nominee here :) no pun intended.

pooky and Struggling along like this.
  3. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN SF Author

It wasn't unpopular - we just lack writers (you are welcome to volunteer for writing duty ;) ) Ben was doing them but life got out of hand for a while and this is one of the things that got put on the backburner.

Supernova, pooky and Struggling along like this.
  4. Walker

Walker Everything Zen Staff Member Safety & Support SF Social Media SF Supporter

If I could write, I sure would. I know people really enjoyed this particular section. We should make the person from the prior month interview the person for the next month and then write about them. HAHA Just kidding, that would be terrible. I don't have a solution - was just wondering where it had gone and I think other people do too. Thanks for the response.

Supernova, JmpMster and pooky like this.
  5. JmpMster

JmpMster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I am back now to having a little more time and I would like to start that again - the issue is as mentioned above just one of time (and my lack of it). Thanks for letting us know thta it is something that people liked - that make sit easier for me to try to prioritize and make sure in the event of too little time we choose correctly which things fall aside.

Supernova and pooky like this.
  6. Walker

There was a lot (!!) of response to those member spotlight things and although I don't think it drove traffic to the site it was something that people who are already here really loved a lot. The "views" and comments on those were pretty high and people talked about them behind these scenes as well. I think it was overall something we were really into.
    NO PRESSURE hahaha It's not like we think y'all ain't got anything else to do.

7. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Seeing is Believing Forum Pro SF Supporter

Bumping this way up to check in about this feature especially at this time of the year

JmpMster likes this.
  8. Walker

I'll second that. In my own thread.. that's generous of me, huh?

DrownedFishOnFire and JmpMster like this.
  9. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Eccentric writer, general weirdo, heedless heathen

I like the member spotlight, as well. I would like to volunteer as an interviewer or subject or any other position that is needed if the project gets started up again. It is interesting to get to know more about the members of the site.

10. Kira

Kira SF Gelfling Staff Alumni SF Supporter

@walkerbait95
    Matt!! Your new avatar needs a warning of some kind - it keeps scaring the crap out of me everytime I see it!! Lol.

11. JmpMster

Yes - I agree. I will be happy to do a member spotlight for November- but please send in recommendations soon soon--

Message them to Freya or me directly, or in a new thread in letters to admin, or by chat private message. Only way to have your nomination considered will be if they come in direct message to Freya or me, or in Letter to Admin. Member spotlight nominees must have joined the forum in September 2017 or earlier and can be any member of forum- no restrictions about pro/staff/regular members.

We will end nominations Sunday night (19th November , evening US Time) and ask members for permission to do article on them in order of number of nominations/drawing if a tie. I am sorry for the short time period to nominate- just need time left in month to do also.

I am back to being here on daily basis so long as health holds up we will begin trying to do on a regular monthly or near monthly basis again.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    Witty_Sarcasm, shania and Kira like this.
  12. Kira

Kira SF Gelfling Staff Alumni SF Supporter

That's my favourite part of your post! :) :)

13. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Eccentric writer, general weirdo, heedless heathen

It reminds me of myself in the morning before I have coffee, LOL.

nobodyknows71 and Kira like this.
  14. shania

shania Well-Known Member

Bumping this thread to follow up on whether anyone was planning to start the Member Spotlight back up? It looks like @JmpMster had been planning to do it for November - any updates?

15. JmpMster

Yes , I have a member spotlight candidate- they were chosen end November and I intended to put up in December but then we decided to kick off new Year on monthly or quarterly. Will be a spotlight post up in next week along with details of quarterly or monthly going forward.

Kira likes this.