memories cant forget them, cant live with them (warning may trigger)

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by curtis, Aug 17, 2016.

1. curtis

curtis Active Member

this is pretty random, dunno why I posting this but I just feel really bad again and need to say it someway.
    basically I have been having memories lately about my ex girlfriend who commited suicide 5 years ago, I keep having nightmares about her when she died right in my arms I cant forget it and I don't know why its coming back now after I suppressed it for so long. I really don't want to go to a therapist but I think it may be my only option as these memories are starting to trigger old memories of self harm and making me feel empty inside.

I really just cant cope with this and I am breaking, anyone got any advice or experience with this, thanks for listening if anyone does and I hope none of this has made people feel sad or triggered.
  2. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Hugs. I am sorry that you are dealing with the memories.

Yes. I also deal with intrusive memories of things that I would rather not remember.

Try to keep yourself grounded. Like focus on your senses. I have also found that distractions such a movies or games can be helpful.

And yes talking about it when you are ready might be a good idea too.

3. curtis

curtis Active Member

thank you for the advice and hugs. just cant talk to anyone lately
  4. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Hugs. Here if you want to talk. You can practice with a helpline. That is what I have done.