memories cant forget them, cant live with them (warning may trigger)

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by curtis, Aug 17, 2016.

1. curtis

curtis Well-Known Member

this is pretty random, dunno why I posting this but I just feel really bad again and need to say it someway.
    basically I have been having memories lately about my ex girlfriend who commited suicide 5 years ago, I keep having nightmares about her when she died right in my arms I cant forget it and I don't know why its coming back now after I suppressed it for so long. I really don't want to go to a therapist but I think it may be my only option as these memories are starting to trigger old memories of self harm and making me feel empty inside.

I really just cant cope with this and I am breaking, anyone got any advice or experience with this, thanks for listening if anyone does and I hope none of this has made people feel sad or triggered.

2. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Hugs. I am sorry that you are dealing with the memories.

Yes. I also deal with intrusive memories of things that I would rather not remember.

Try to keep yourself grounded. Like focus on your senses. I have also found that distractions such a movies or games can be helpful.

And yes talking about it when you are ready might be a good idea too.

Hugs.

3. curtis

curtis Well-Known Member

thank you for the advice and hugs. just cant talk to anyone lately

4. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Hugs. Here if you want to talk. You can practice with a helpline. That is what I have done.